Our backup QB's are benefitting by not playing this year.

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Because Sanford is a QB killer.
Whatever level of talent they have would be greatly reduced if they were playing under Sanford's direction.

They all owe Tanner a debt of gratitude for staying healthy and taking the full brunt of Sanford's teachings this season so the others can avoid this setback.

Because Sanford is a QB killer.
Whatever level of talent they have would be greatly reduced if they were playing under Sanford's direction.

They all owe Tanner a debt of gratitude for staying healthy and taking the full brunt of Sanford's teachings this season so the others can avoid this setback.
I mean, they are still getting Sanford's teaching during practices and meetings... :)

I mean, they are still getting Sanford's teaching during practices and meetings... :)
I think what he means is the back up QBs won't start looking bad UNTIL they start playing. Which is a good thing, I suppose.

Mason basically said it's too late in the season to switch since Morgan has gotten majority of snaps for 3 months and been healthy. That's why I would just expand Kramer's duties a bit the rest of the season and then open it up in Spring Ball.

Mason basically said it's too late in the season to switch since Morgan has gotten majority of snaps for 3 months and been healthy. That's why I would just expand Kramer's duties a bit the rest of the season and then open it up in Spring Ball.
They are just keeping our secret weapon (aka Annexstad) in the shadows to unleash him for his Heisman Trophy season next year.

Brilliant PJ…. Absolutely brilliant!

If Tanner returns do you believe it would be opened up next spring?

I wonder if Fleck would consider bringing in Cory Sauter to coach the QBs.

Interesting tidbit on Cory from Wikipedia:
He still holds the all-time career school records with 539 pass completions, 945 pass attempts and 6,834 passing yards.

Maybe Morgan has broken these records since and somebody needs to update Wikipedia.

If he was going to quit have to think he’d bench himself right now. Why in the world would he walk away with remaining eligibility unless he has other plans that don’t involve school next year? It may boil down to whether he has the want-to and desire and passion, or is ready to hang up his cleats forever. None of us can see into his mind or thought process.

It will be interesting to see what happens. PJF will be influential. Have to think higher-rated Athan or maybe one of the others will push for starting spot regardless even if he comes back.

If he was going to quit have to think he’d bench himself right now. Why in the world would he walk away with remaining eligibility unless he has other plans that don’t involve school next year? It may boil down to whether he has the want-to and desire and passion, or is ready to hang up his cleats forever. None of us can see into his mind or thought process.

It will be interesting to see what happens. PJF will be influential. Have to think higher-rated Athan or maybe one of the others will push for starting spot regardless even if he comes back.
He is a competitor. Regardless of what he may or may not do next year he isn't going to bench himself.

Will be interesting to see what he decides to do. Does he want to take a shot at the NFL, does he want to jump right into coaching (sure Fleck would love to have him as a grad assistant), or does he want to keep on playing.

IMO he is done after this year but think we will all have to wait and see. First indication might be what he decides to do on senior day although even that isn't a sure thing.

If Tanner comes back, I don't think there is any competition at QB. Barring injury, Morgan is the defacto QB1 under Fleck.

I wonder if Fleck would consider bringing in Cory Sauter to coach the QBs.

Interesting tidbit on Cory from Wikipedia:
He still holds the all-time career school records with 539 pass completions, 945 pass attempts and 6,834 passing yards.

Maybe Morgan has broken these records since and somebody needs to update Wikipedia.
I believe Tanner is behind only Adam Webber in these categories.

If Tanner comes back, I don't think there is any competition at QB. Barring injury, Morgan is the defacto QB1 under Fleck.
Correct. No actual open competition if Tanner wants to continue, barring serious injury.

PJ said in one of his press conferencences off handedly that this is Tanner's last year.
Not that he couldn't play married but he is either now recently married or getting married soon.
He lost his dad...as close as they were I'm guessing it's no longer the same playing QB.

Kept the streak alive! Tanner really did need this game for his confidence though. I hope he carries some swagger into next week.

Top Bottom