Oturu signs two year guaranteed deal

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Good for him to secure two years of pay. Obviously if he performs well he’ll be rewarded but they didn’t sign him to not give him opportunity. Hopefully he does well.

Season coming up fast. Can't wait to see if he and Coffey get some playing time together.

I didn't see anything about a 3rd year option but maybe that will be shown later in Hoops Hype after the rosters and salaries are settled. If there is no team option for a 3rd year and Daniel shows well over these next two years, he could get a bigger contract sooner than he would have if he had been a first rounder.

I hope this quiets the "He should have stayed!" talk around here. $2.4 million guaranteed over 2 years is nothing to sneeze at.

Nice!! Good for him and good for the Gophers!!

I didn't see anything about a 3rd year option but maybe that will be shown later in Hoops Hype after the rosters and salaries are settled. If there is no team option for a 3rd year and Daniel shows well over these next two years, he could get a bigger contract sooner than he would have if he had been a first rounder.

I hope this quiets the "He should have stayed!" talk around here. $2.4 million guaranteed over 2 years is nothing to sneeze at.

Good luck to him! Student of the game and a solid leader for the program.

Happy for Oturu. I still think he should've been a first rounder, but at least this way he ended up on a better team and with Coffey.

It would be kinda funny if everyone was like "nice, he is with Coffey!" and Oturu hated Coffey.
Maybe not hate Coffey, but if Coffey would have stayed another year would that have helped Oturu get that first round selection?

A little short of what he could have gotten to transfer to Arizona or Kentucky, but not bad at all!

It’s always great to see Gophers play in the pro league. Now I will definitely be watching the clippers, even though I don’t care about the NBA.

Top Bottom