Oturu NBA Combine

Go Gophers!!
interesting video. this, if anything, made me less excited. release is really slow. very flat release (which only works when you're wide open). cross over is nice but i'd expect no coach is ever going to be encouraging that from him. i really hope it works out for Dan, but this makes me worried for him

I do not understand how people think practicing at less than half speed is going to benefit them. He’s not in fourth grade with the training wheels.
Never once got off the floor on an outside shot attempt. Never a game speed shot attempt.
Didn’t explode up after his dribbles exhibition...if the defender fell down he’d have time to get back up before he released it.
No explosive takeoffs on drives.
A part of shooting is making shots after being physically challenged playing defense, sprinting the floor etc. Practicing game shots at game speed is a workout. It simulates game conditions.
It was nice to see the ball go in but that shot is something that will come in handy playing horse with a neighbor. Nothing that will happen in Europe or North America in a professional game.
Get your money back Daniel.

To be fair, that was a 5 minute video of what was likely a 60+ minute work-out. I've seen plenty of guys go at that speed for long periods of time during one-on-one work-outs that were designed to build muscle-memory and improve technique. Most of the times when I see guys coming in before practice to work on specific stuff, it's more about repetition and building a good habit. I don't doubt that he has also had work-outs this summer that were a little more ramped up. Pretty sure there are plenty of NBA and wanna-be NBA guys who have a significant amount of their individual work-out time that goes at about the same pace.

The first step in being able to make 3's at NBA range is to make a lot of 3's at NBA range. Then you gradually start taking 3's with a defender nearby. Then you work on making challenged 3's with guys running at you (which I doubt many coaches encourage their big men to do in a game unless there nobody else open and the clock is running down). Seems like when I see bigs shooting 3's in the NBA, it's off a Pick n Pop designed to give them a nice, clear look over a guard or nobody, or when the defensive big doesn't bother to come out to guard them.

He doesn't have a great long-range release, probably the first time in life he's even had to worry about making 24 foot shots, but there are a lot of guys who came into the league and couldn't shoot the NBA 3 consistently, kept working on it and eventually became good enough.

I do not understand how people think practicing at less than half speed is going to benefit them. He’s not in fourth grade with the training wheels.
Never once got off the floor on an outside shot attempt. Never a game speed shot attempt.
Didn’t explode up after his dribbles exhibition...if the defender fell down he’d have time to get back up before he released it.
No explosive takeoffs on drives.
A part of shooting is making shots after being physically challenged playing defense, sprinting the floor etc. Practicing game shots at game speed is a workout. It simulates game conditions.
It was nice to see the ball go in but that shot is something that will come in handy playing horse with a neighbor. Nothing that will happen in Europe or North America in a professional game.
Get your money back Daniel.

IALTO :eek:

I do not understand how people think practicing at less than half speed is going to benefit them.

Did practicing at less than half speed before the combine not get you out of the 2nd round?

Top Bottom