Oturu and Amir reunited with the Clippers!

LAC has Zubac, Montrezl Harrell and Marcis Morris so I wonder how much time he’ll see.

LAC has Zubac, Montrezl Harrell and Marcis Morris so I wonder how much time he’ll see.
I’m not plugged in and didn’t google it but I think Harrell is movin’ on or was when Doc was still coaching the Clippers.

What is strange is the positional fit for Oturu on the Clippers. They have Ivica Zubac under contract, and are reportedly interested in bringing Montrezl Harrell back. JaMychal Green will likely command some minutes at the five, and last year’s first-rounder Mfiondu Kabengele is still in the mix. The Clippers also still have Joakim Noahon the roster, even if his contract isn’t guaranteed.

That means Oturu is probably the second coming of Johnathan Motley. The two-way big was hyper-productive in the G League, but never really stuck in the NBA. Now that his two years of playing on a two-way are complete, Motley is probably on his way to a new stop, and Oturu can fill in his spot on the Agua Caliente Clippers.

What is strange is the positional fit for Oturu on the Clippers. They have Ivica Zubac under contract, and are reportedly interested in bringing Montrezl Harrell back. JaMychal Green will likely command some minutes at the five, and last year’s first-rounder Mfiondu Kabengele is still in the mix. The Clippers also still have Joakim Noahon the roster, even if his contract isn’t guaranteed.

That means Oturu is probably the second coming of Johnathan Motley. The two-way big was hyper-productive in the G League, but never really stuck in the NBA. Now that his two years of playing on a two-way are complete, Motley is probably on his way to a new stop, and Oturu can fill in his spot on the Agua Caliente Clippers.

Noah’s career is done. Harrell is likely to leave for bigger money, Zubac played 18mpg and Green is on a player option. Could get interesting for Daniel.

Will Coffey become a 6er is also a question. He obviously caught the favor of Doc.

Noah’s career is done. Harrell is likely to leave for bigger money, Zubac played 18mpg and Green is on a player option. Could get interesting for Daniel.
This. Also most of the big men on the Clippers are scrubs so I definitely see a way forward for Daniel to get PT if he improves.

You sire, should be a Clippers beat report - thank for the knowledge.

Ha. No problem. I really like the NBA and how its structured. Now what I said could be the opposite and Daniel could spend the year in the G League (if it exists) but I think he'll be on the roster and get occasional time. If he plays well, there is a path forward with the Clippers to get a lot of time.

I don't see how some run in the D league would be bad for Daniel anyways. Let him get his feet wet and continue to learn. He's taken major steps in his basketball skill every year since he was 16. Sure it's more than likely that he won't stick because the odds say he won't, but just cause he may go D league to start doesn't mean he can't stick yet. Lets let the dude play a year lol

I don't see how some run in the D league would be bad for Daniel anyways. Let him get his feet wet and continue to learn. He's taken major steps in his basketball skill every year since he was 16. Sure it's more than likely that he won't stick because the odds say he won't, but just cause he may go D league to start doesn't mean he can't stick yet. Lets let the dude play a year lol
I wouldn’t say it’s more likely than not he doesn’t stick. I expect him to eventually become a stater in the NBA or at least be a solid bench player for a long time.

Amir is the one who may not stick but I think Daniel has a good chance. And I don’t know the numbers but if you are a top 35 pick, I think your odds are decent for at least carving out a bench role. The odds are definitely against two way contract players but not necessarily for a guy going 33rd overall.

Do we think this was his ceiling as far as draft status goes?

I kind of do. Not sure he was ever going to be a 1st round pick or at least nothing higher than 25 overall.

Hope he can make it, but sure would have liked to see him another year in Maroon and gold.

With Harrell gone there may be some NBA burn available for DO this season in LA. DO brings more to the table than Harrell anyway.

Oturu will be a 10 year NBA stud, because whatever the Knicks do with personnel, bet the opposite.

Trading away their big 2nd round find in 30 seconds for a 2023 2nd rounder would be Peak Knicks.

With Harrell gone there may be some NBA burn available for DO this season in LA. DO brings more to the table than Harrell anyway.

With the Rona floating around?!?!?! Guys are gonna be in and out of the lineup all year. Oturu will get some run.

Top Bottom