Other B1G Tournament Games 2022

Carolyn Kieger-not pleased.

Rutgers - 75, Penn State - 50

THE MODERATOR: We'll start with an opening statement from coach.

CAROLYN KIEGER: Obviously we're very disappointed in how we played today, the fight, the level of intensity, the toughness, lack thereof, that we had. Penn State deserves better. The jersey deserves better. The game deserves better. Credit to Rutgers. They played really tough. They played really disciplined. They were really poised and we got to get better. We got to spend this off-season figuring out how to leave the jersey in a better place and put a product out there that can complete.

The Hoosiers play like the early season Hoosiers and take out Maryland in a nose to nose battle 62-51. Cardano-Hillary was terrific

Haiby started the Husker comeback. Michigan gave it away at the end with two of the tournaments worst inbound plays. 76-73 Nebraska. So, we have round three of Iowa/Nebraska. The first two rounds were crazy basketball.

Indiana outlasted Ohio State 70-62. Cardano-Hillary lead the Hoosiers with 16 points 11 rebounds and 5 assists

Clark with 41 and Iowa with the 83-66 win. It's Hawkeyes and Hoosiers tomorrow

If Iowa beats the Hoosiers they might just be a final 4 team

Watching Iowa/Indiana and both of these teams are so much better than the Gophers. Hope that they can get to this level with the recruits coming in next year.

Czinano is a terrific player. A great example of what hard work can do. I keep thinking that Clark and Czinano aren't going to be enough to get Iowa deep into the NCAA tourney, but those two are so good that I might be wrong with that. I thought Cardano Hillary did a great job of keeping Clark from getting into a groove today, but Czinano was fantastic. Fantastic against a good post player in Indiana's Holmes. I'm hoping that Katie Borowicz can be an energy player like Cardano Hillary is for IU.

I said this a couple weeks ago, Iowa is the hottest team heading into the tourney and when you have the most prolific scorer in the NCAA's in combination with one of the best bigs in the country that combo could produce a final 4 team.
I think where Iowa will/may fall short is against an extremely athletic team both on offense and defense.

Agreed. Iowa's not a great defensive team and they're also likely to go against teams that are more athletic than they are. That being said, someone's going to have to figure out the Clark/Czinano combo. Indiana did a decent job of keeping Clark down, but even a solid post like their Holmes couldn't contain Czinano. Someone is going to have to keep her at least 6 feet from the bucket. Once she gets position under the basket, it's all over.

I'm thinking there will be a few big teams that will go deep in the NCAA tourney. Iowa, Indiana and Maryland are at the top of my list. Then Ohio State. Michigan is a bit iffy for me. And I won't be surprised if Nebraska wins a game or two.

Agreed. Iowa's not a great defensive team and they're also likely to go against teams that are more athletic than they are. That being said, someone's going to have to figure out the Clark/Czinano combo. Indiana did a decent job of keeping Clark down, but even a solid post like their Holmes couldn't contain Czinano. Someone is going to have to keep her at least 6 feet from the bucket. Once she gets position under the basket, it's all over.

I'm thinking there will be a few big teams that will go deep in the NCAA tourney. Iowa, Indiana and Maryland are at the top of my list. Then Ohio State. Michigan is a bit iffy for me. And I won't be surprised if Nebraska wins a game or two.
eh Maryland usually flops in the tournament..

I'd say.. Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, Maryland, OSU, Nebraska.. in order of likely winning 2 games..

I think Michigan is over rated, Naz is why they are as highly touted as they are and they have that stud freshman, but the supporting cast is average at best, maybe even below average.
I enjoy watching Czinano more then Naz. Czinano is more polished, the footwork, the leverage, bigger/stronger etc. Naz has more upside because of her athleticism.
I see Mich winning 1 game, just because they will be such a high seed.

I think Michigan is over rated, Naz is why they are as highly touted as they are and they have that stud freshman, but the supporting cast is average at best, maybe even below average.
I enjoy watching Czinano more then Naz. Czinano is more polished, the footwork, the leverage, bigger/stronger etc. Naz has more upside because of her athleticism.
I see Mich winning 1 game, just because they will be such a high seed.
Intriguing. I prefer Hillmon, possibly because I'm pretty sure she'll be much more valued at the next level and her game has more facets so it seems more fun to me. Czinano is, indeed, impressive and efficient but, like former teammate Megan Gustafson, will be limited after college (What did they say on the broadcast last week? Czinano had a grand total of 16 dribbles all last season?)

I think they said 16 dribbles for 214 made baskets. That's a really impressive figure and it certainly shows that Czinano gets to a position near the basket. I think that Czinano is the more valuable college player, and Naz has more potential at the next level. Athough Naz is going to be playing against much taller players at her position in the W.

I also think Michigan is overrated, although Leah Brown is a really good compliment to Naz for Michigan. I'm guessing that Nebraska fans are sometimes wondering how good their club could be if they still had Leah Brown. IMO, Iowa, Maryland, and Indiana are all potential Elite Eight/Final Four teams. OSU is potential Elite Eight. Michigan and Nebraska potential Sweet Sixteen, probably not further.

Top Bottom