OSU QB gives teammates $500 gift card to look fly

alchemy2u

Reaction score

I am sure it comes from the heart and he wants to appreciate his teammates, but I wonder what his teammates really feel about it. I could see where some may feel like he is rubbing it in their faces. Giving out a few crumbs of the millions that he gets.

Many of these OSU players were the rock stars on their teams growing up. Sure, a top QB is one of the most critical pieces in winning a National Championship, but it does not happen without all the other star players.

I am sure it comes from the heart and he wants to appreciate his teammates, but I wonder what his teammates really feel about it. I could see where some may feel like he is rubbing it in their faces. Giving out a few crumbs of the millions that he gets.

Many of these OSU players were the rock stars on their teams growing up. Sure, a top QB is one of the most critical pieces in winning a National Championship, but it does not happen without all the other star players.
NFL QBs do this type of thing often. I’m not aware of an issue that has ever come from it.

Seems to be a pretty common thing in football.

Depending on the culture / background it is often expected in other situations that the person with money shares with everyone around them. That part can get kinda nasty, but otherwise the tradition in football seems pretty ok.

NFL QBs do this type of thing often. I’m not aware of an issue that has ever come from it.
Slightly different there as most NFLers are bringing home a pretty nice paycheck.

To be able to give $60K to your team so they can look good. Must be a nice "problem," for a college kid. Glad he is still on scholarship saving his family $$ so he can be in school.

He’s not “giving” anything to his teammates. He’s already an endorser of Express, so they gave him the gift cards to give his teammates and then had him promote it, the PR value they are getting is massive and well worth the gift card money the company spent.

Top Bottom