OSU #1 in First CFP Rankings

BAJJERFAN

Banned
Reaction score
Last edited:

CFP partially backing up what they claimed about SOS including non-conference play; except Florida State still not getting credit for playing LSU.

OSU: Notre Dame, W Kentucky, Youngstown
Georgia: UT Martin, Ball State, UAB
Michigan: E Carlolina, UNLV, Bowling Green
Florida State: LSU, S Miss

The rankings are about what you’ve done. OSU makes perfect sense with already beating ND and PSU and I’d put FSU and Washington ahead of Michigan at present based on what’s happened so far

The rankings are about what you’ve done. OSU makes perfect sense with already beating ND and PSU and I’d put FSU and Washington ahead of Michigan at present based on what’s happened so far
I would think Michigan would be favored against FSU and Washington on a neutral field! The fact that Michigan doesn't have as good a win doesn't take away from the fact that they've been extremely dominant against everyone they've played!

Wins vs strong opponents more important than dominant wins is what the NCAA is saying. However, they have Georgia at #2 and Florida State at #4. So maybe what the NCAA is saying is that if OSU loses to Michigan, they want the chance to still include OSU in a playoff because TV rankings last year were good with both teams included. The NCAA is not about amateur sports fairness it is about money and that tail wags this dog all day.

I would think Michigan would be favored against FSU and Washington on a neutral field! The fact that Michigan doesn't have as good a win doesn't take away from the fact that they've been extremely dominant against everyone they've played!
Being favored is not what matters. It’s about your wins to that point. Your argument is why the sec thinks they should get 2 teams in every year. Michigan will go up when they have better teams they’ve beaten, provided they win those games. The ranking of Georgia also makes no sense and I’d put them behind FSU and Washington (as well as Michigan) to this point

CFP partially backing up what they claimed about SOS including non-conference play; except Florida State still not getting credit for playing LSU.

OSU: Notre Dame, W Kentucky, Youngstown
Georgia: UT Martin, Ball State, UAB
Michigan: E Carlolina, UNLV, Bowling Green
Florida State: LSU, S Miss
ACC is a weak conference, and FSU's remaining schedule is pretty weak as well.

Is anyone going to the Ohio State Game and know where and how to buy tickets for a Gopher section? I’m going and thought it would be fun to sit near other Minnesotans.

Is anyone going to the Ohio State Game and know where and how to buy tickets for a Gopher section? I’m going and thought it would be fun to sit near other Minnesotans.
If one wanted to order Gopher vs OSU tickets via the Gopher ticket office, the orders were due to on 10/20 (ticket assignments are based on one's "Gopher Score"). Have a fairly high 'score" number so am assuming I will get the 2 tix ordered, but not received anything yet. You could call the ticket office to see if there are tickets remaining. If trying via StubHub, SeatGeek, etc., the visitor sections in Ohio Stadium are 6AA, 8AA, 6C and 8C - the NE part of the stadium. I believe the AA section seats are mostly reserved for VIPs and player's families. The rest of us will be up in C deck.

(Update - just talked to the ticket office regarding my tickets - the Gopher allotment is sold out. Secondary ticket vendors are probably your only option at this time.)

Last edited:

If one wanted to order Gopher vs OSU tickets via the Gopher ticket office, the orders were due to on 10/20 (ticket assignments are based on one's "Gopher Score"). Have a fairly high 'score" number so am assuming I will get the 2 tix ordered, but not received anything yet. You could call the ticket office to see if there are tickets remaining. If trying via StubHub, SeatGeek, etc., the visitor sections in Ohio Stadium are 6AA, 8AA, 6C and 8C - the NE part of the stadium. I believe the AA section seats are mostly reserved for VIPs and player's families. The rest of us will be up in C deck.
Very helpful- Thank you!

Top Bottom