Oregonlive confirms Tubby Rumor-see attached link

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2010/03/oregon_basketball_tom_izzo_com.html

Interesting read......seems as if 31 percent of Oregon thinks Tubby will be the next coach....
I guess Time will tell...........

Tubby Smith 31% (274 votes)
Tom Izzo 11% (99 votes)
Jamie Dixon 30% (265 votes)
Scott Drew 11% (95 votes)
Mark Few 18% (161 votes)

I don't consider that confirmaton. I consider that citing another newspaper. Good attempt at upping the ante on the board however. ;)

The confirmed???

Meanwhile, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the Ducks have offered Minnesota coach Tubby Smith a deal in excess of $2 million annually, and the university is trying to work out a contract extension for Smith.

They are taking all their info from the paper here and elsewhere. There is no new news here or anything remotely close to a confirmation.

False

The Oregon blog REPEATED the St Paul Pioneer Press rumor BUT DID NOT CONFIRM IT.

The article used this reference from Maturi:
"Minnesota athletic director Joel Maturi has said that the Gophers can't raise Smith's salary above the current $1.75 million and that the practice facility is still in the design stage awaiting financing." http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14702897?source=rss

I hope Maturi takes an early retirement, or he puts a muzzle on, because he doesn't think before he speaks.

Oregon is being unrealistic with their head coaching search. Tubby? Not gonna happen. Izzo? That's a joke, right?

Izzo Quoted

“I’ve commented on (rumors), and it’s gotten me in trouble. I’ve not commented on them, and it’s gotten me in trouble,’’ said Izzo, who promised he has not been contacted.

They can't say yes if you don't ask.

Exactly and who knows maybe someone like Izzo might say I have spent 15 years at MSU and I am ready for a new challenge. You never know, maybe he might say I am ready to try living in a different part of the country and seeing if I can build a program from scratch, since the MSU program was in pretty good shape when he took it over. I doubt he would leave but crazier things have happened.

"Minnesota athletic director Joel Maturi has said that the Gophers can't ..."

That pretty much sums up Maturi lately. A real leader would find a way to use "CAN" more even in these challenging times.

Top Bottom