Only Tubby can go 16-0 in SEC

The-Real-Truth

Reaction score
This is a post for those sorry a$$es in KY and JAs in MN who have questioned Tubby's ability to coach. Ladies and Gents, Tubby went 16-0 in SEC with a far less talented team in SEC. We could have gone undefeated this season too if we had all of our players. After MSU game, I read some really crappy posts in here. It is time to support our coach and players 100%. Yes, we have no offense but we still can make it to the big dance. DJ is my MVP of the season. Without him, it is really hard to win games this season. I also vote for Colton and Ralph to be on the court at the same time like last season if needed. They both are our best passers in the team. I think that both players have matured a lot. Ralph may have have the edge but Colton plays with a lot of heart. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw Thompson guarding Ralph last night. Go Gophers and make us proud.

This is a post for those sorry a$$es in KY and JAs in MN who have questioned Tubby's ability to coach. Ladies and Gents, Tubby went 16-0 in SEC with a far less talented team in SEC. We could have gone undefeated this season too if we had all of our players. After MSU game, I read some really crappy posts in here. It is time to support our coach and players 100%. Yes, we have no offense but we still can make it to the big dance. DJ is my MVP of the season. Without him, it is really hard to win games this season. I also vote for Colton and Ralph to be on the court at the same time like last season if needed. They both are our best passers in the team. I think that both players have matured a lot. Ralph may have have the edge but Colton plays with a lot of heart. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw Thompson guarding Ralph last night. Go Gophers and make us proud.

Pitino did it in 1996. Alabama did it in 1956. Rupp did it in 1946-47-48-49 and 1951.

Pitino didn't go undefeated in the SEC, including the tourney.

Rupp (5 different seasons) and the Alabama coach (in 1956) did go undefeated all SEC season.

FOT, I am confused now. Did Rick go undefeated too? I was too excited this morning so I didn't do my search. I mainly meant during the modern era.

Rick was undefeated in regular season play. No 1 KY lost to #25 Mississippi State in the SEC championship game.

FOT, I am confused now. Did Rick go undefeated too? I was too excited this morning so I didn't do my search. I mainly meant during the modern era.

Yes, Pitino was 16-0 in 1996 regular season SEC play.

Rupp (5 different seasons) and Bama coach (1956) were undefeated in SEC regular season and psostseason play like Tubby in 2003.

This is a post for those sorry a$$es in KY and JAs in MN who have questioned Tubby's ability to coach. Ladies and Gents, Tubby went 16-0 in SEC with a far less talented team in SEC.

True

Going undefeated in any conference is very hard.
There is some question about how good the SEC was that year.
That may be for another debate.
However, as far as this year. UK did beat FLA on their home court and FLA beat Mich St
at Mich St
UK had this loss coming for about 3 weeks. They have lacked intensity and they may get
it back now.
As for the 2003 Tubby season when he went undefeated in the SEC
They entered the NCAA Tourney that year as the overall No 1 seed and got blown out
by UAB in game 2.

So that leaves the question
Is it better to go unbeaten in your conference and leave the 1st weekend of the NCAA
or
Lose a game or 2 in the conference, hopefully learn from that and go deeper in the NCAA

I think most would rather have a loss or so now than in March.

Going undefeated is not realistic anymore.
In the old days of a smaller tour. smaller pre-conf schedule, a team could go from beginning of
season to end of Tourney and play 25 games total. Now a team going all the way to a Final Four
is going to play close to 40 games. With the parity of today and a 40 game season it will be
doubtful if we ever see a team go undefeated all year.

Rick was undefeated in regular season play. No 1 KY lost to #25 Mississippi State in the SEC championship game.

That is correct

Pitino's 96 team only lost 2 games that year. 34 - 2

Early in the season to U-Mass and the SEC championship game to Miss St.

Both losses that season were to Final Four teams as U-Mass and Miss St. made the Final Four.
I think at one point in the mid season UK had won 26 straight until the loss to Miss St.

This is a post for those sorry a$$es in KY and JAs in MN who have questioned Tubby's ability to coach. Ladies and Gents, Tubby went 16-0 in SEC with a far less talented team in SEC.

True

However, as far as this year. UK did beat FLA on their home court and FLA beat Mich St
at Mich St
UK had this loss coming for about 3 weeks. They have lacked intensity and they may get
it back now.
They entered the NCAA Tourney that year as the overall No 1 seed and got blown out
by UAB in game 2.

Is it better to go unbeaten in your conference and leave the 1st weekend of the NCAA
or
Lose a game or 2 in the conference, hopefully learn from that and go deeper in the NCAA

In the old days of a smaller tour. smaller pre-conf schedule, a team could go from beginning of
season to end of Tourney and play 25 games total. Now a team going all the way to a Final Four
is going to play close to 40 games. With the parity of today and a 40 game season it will be

There is also question that People in South marry their siblings. Is that true?

That is correct

Pitino's 96 team only lost 2 games that year. 34 - 2

Early in the season to U-Mass and the SEC championship game to Miss St.

Both losses that season were to Final Four teams as U-Mass and Miss St. made the Final Four.
I think at one point in the mid season UK had won 26 straight until the loss to Miss St.

Ditto 78 UK team - EVEN BETTER than 96 team. 30-2 (not 34-2) record though.

True

at Mich St
it back now.
by UAB in game 2.

or

UK was undefeated in SEC in 2003 but DID NOT leave the 1st weekend of NCAA tourney. UK made Elite 8 that year.

The it may have been the following year.
There was a year that UK lost to UAB in a joke of a game
and I am almost sure UK was the No 1 seed at that time.

It was in 2004. But UK was not undefeated that season. UK made it past the first weekend of NCAA play 6 times out of 10 under Tubby, above their all-time average (of doing so).

Top Bottom