One sided rivalries don't bode well for Minnesota

have a great weekend playing "World of Warcraft"

Uh oh! A keyboard turner who is denied a raid invite while having sub par arena rankings is trying too hard to sound cool.

Uh oh! A keyboard turner who is denied a raid invite while having sub par arena rankings is trying too hard to sound cool.

I tried to have google translate this, but nothing came back.

Is it English to Something
or Something to English?

I tried to have google translate this, but nothing came back.

Is it English to Something
or Something to English?

Keyboard turner, according to the Urban Dictionary: One who, during PvP in an MMORPG, turns their character to face their foe using their keyboard rather than their mouse. Due to the glacial speed of turning in this fashion, it will inevitably result in a severe beating from fleet-fingered, mouse-turning opponents. Used in WoW to describe those players who are completely lacking in PvP skills.

From what I can gather, a "raid invite" is an invitation to go on a raid.

Keyboard turner, according to the Urban Dictionary: One who, during PvP in an MMORPG, turns their character to face their foe using their keyboard rather than their mouse. Due to the glacial speed of turning in this fashion, it will inevitably result in a severe beating from fleet-fingered, mouse-turning opponents. Used in WoW to describe those players who are completely lacking in PvP skills.

No wonder I keep getting pwned in WoW.

Shocking, dpodoll

Wow, are you clueless.

Ogee's been posting here since you were in diapers, son.

P.S. Don't say "Now I give all of you permission to rip me" and then lash out like an infant when someone takes you up on the offer. K thanks.

Hey, admit it.... You're just sticking up for me because you have a couple hundred posts more than I do. How transparent is that?!? I'm kidding you, of course.

Actually, your post reminded me of something. Maybe we should have a show of hands for all those who can recall when "The Gopher Hole" was "just" an independent site run by an avid Gopher fan named Jason Groth (I hope I'm remembering that right?)

I don't know what the definition of a "true fan" of the Gophers should be. I'm sure we all have our own definition. For many of our sakes I hope it's not solely defined by the number of games you attend (as began11 seems to think) because some of us live thousands of miles away from the motherland, MN. Truth be told, I may have actually seen the Rodents more on the road than in the Barn, Dome, or TCF combined. That must make me not much of a fan.

Nobody wants to be in the same division as Wisconsin, as it will completely screw up their baseball schedule. But, seriously, any comment by that dick that coaches the badgers about not wanting to play the gophers anymore is just an attempt to stir the pot. Which, now that I think of it, actually proves that he does care about the rivalry...maybe his turtle neck is too tight. If Wisconsin really cares about strength of schedule, they have plenty of opportunities to switch out some of their cream puff non-conference games.

Nobody wants to be in the same division as Wisconsin, as it will completely screw up their baseball schedule. But, seriously, any comment by that dick that coaches the badgers about not wanting to play the gophers anymore is just an attempt to stir the pot. Which, now that I think of it, actually proves that he does care about the rivalry...maybe his turtle neck is too tight. If Wisconsin really cares about strength of schedule, they have plenty of opportunities to switch out some of their cream puff non-conference games.

I think it's his admission that he and whisky are afraid of us.

I have been doing a lot of research on various websites and blogs and the consensus is that nobody wants Minnesota in their division. Iowegian and Wiscy fans are sick of beating the crap out of us and want to be affiliated with more high profile teams such as Nebraska, Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State. I hate seeing the pigs from the south and the wiscys from the east to have that dominance over us, but we put ourselves into this position. I am a season ticket holder in about every sport and I have to say that I am sick of losing every year to our biggest rivals. I would love to go to a Jan 1st bowl every year and compete for a big ten championship. However, I am realistic and I think most Gopher fans just want to beat our biggest rivals, Pigs and Wiscys. Our school is bigger! Our city is bigger! Our women are hotter! Our stadium is nicer! Why can't we have a football team that consistently competes against our biggest rivals? I have a bad feeling Minnesota is going to be on the outside looking in when it comes time to having yearly cross division rivals. Teams like Iowa and Wisconsin don't really call it a rivalry anymore, considering they beat us every year. I hate being negative but with Brewster and Maturi around, we are going to be competing with Northwestern, Illinois, and Indiana as the worst teams in the Big 10/12. Now I give all of you permission to rip me because I love the Gophers but I am being negative and am sick of losing every year to our neighbors from the south and east. Go Gophers!!!

I would really doubt the sanity of any Iowa or Wisconsin fan advocating this. Almost everything I have seen is along the lines of "adding Nebraska to the Iowa-Minnesota-Wisconsin mix would be awesome." When two teams have played as long as Wisconsin and Minnesota have, you don't quit being a rival because the recent history is one-sided. We all know that these things are cyclical. Is it better when both teams are more evenly matched? Of course, but the rivalry cliche of "you throw the record books out the window when these two teams play" became a cliche for a reason. I can't imagine Wisconsin and Minnesota being in different divisions. Most lists I have seen have Iowa there too, plus Nebraska, NW, and PSU (to even things out).

I also agree that moving UW-Minnesota from the last game of the year still rankles with the traditionalists, of which I am one. I would love to see it happen again, especially with both teams in outside venues.

Nicely translated. Not that I would know anything about this "World of Warcraft" :cool02:

Reasonable program goals:

-At or above average graduation rates for Big Ten schools.

-.500 conference winning percentage over any given decade.

-.500 winning percentage against Iowa and Wisconsin over a given decade.

Repeat after me!

Reasonable program goals:

-At or above average graduation rates for Big Ten schools.

-.500 conference winning percentage over any given decade.

-.500 winning percentage against Iowa and Wisconsin over a given decade.

Repeat after me!

That should be a baseline going forward, not a goal to attain. I want to see them aim higher than that.

I don't know where the original poster is getting his idea that Wisconsin and Iowa don't consider it a rivalry anymore. Check out buckyville and how many posts about Minnesota there are. We get great pleasure in laughing at your program's failures, and would never want to see the series go away. Not only is it an easy W, but the axe is a staple of our trophy case these days.

Wisconsin fans can easily cite the 6 wins in a row or 13 of the last 15 as why they dominate the rivalry.

Minnesota fans can spout the 6 national championships their grandparents won as why they dominate the rivalry.

But the truth is somewhere in between (though let's be honest, 13 of 15 is pretty dominant! :p)

A fourplay of Wisconsin-Minnesota-Iowa-Nebraska, with traveling trophies for each one would be great for the Big Ten and college football. 3 of those programs are solid programs year in and year out, with the 4th being the whipping boy.

I have been doing a lot of research on various websites and blogs and the consensus is that nobody wants Minnesota in their division. Iowegian and Wiscy fans are sick of beating the crap out of us and want to be affiliated with more high profile teams such as Nebraska, Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State. I hate seeing the pigs from the south and the wiscys from the east to have that dominance over us, but we put ourselves into this position. I am a season ticket holder in about every sport and I have to say that I am sick of losing every year to our biggest rivals. I would love to go to a Jan 1st bowl every year and compete for a big ten championship. However, I am realistic and I think most Gopher fans just want to beat our biggest rivals, Pigs and Wiscys. Our school is bigger! Our city is bigger! Our women are hotter! Our stadium is nicer! Why can't we have a football team that consistently competes against our biggest rivals? I have a bad feeling Minnesota is going to be on the outside looking in when it comes time to having yearly cross division rivals. Teams like Iowa and Wisconsin don't really call it a rivalry anymore, considering they beat us every year. I hate being negative but with Brewster and Maturi around, we are going to be competing with Northwestern, Illinois, and Indiana as the worst teams in the Big 10/12. Now I give all of you permission to rip me because I love the Gophers but I am being negative and am sick of losing every year to our neighbors from the south and east. Go Gophers!!!

None of that helps win football games

What do you mean?! Last year, Wofford was a SOLID 3-8 team in D-2 Southern Conference. This year the Badgers play Austin Peay. Truly a big name team.

Brett Bielema sure knows how to schedule them. The Badgers should be ashamed of themselves.

D-2? Is this a joke...?

I don't know where the original poster is getting his idea that Wisconsin and Iowa don't consider it a rivalry anymore. Check out buckyville and how many posts about Minnesota there are. We get great pleasure in laughing at your program's failures, and would never want to see the series go away. Not only is it an easy W, but the axe is a staple of our trophy case these days.

Wisconsin has won, but the wins haven't been easy. Three of the last four games have been within on score. That can't hold up forever, sooner or later those close losses have to go our way.

And Wisconsin cheese is severely overrated.

Top Bottom