Ok Built, you are right. We need a new coach!

I have always liked Pitino in how honest he is in the interviews, he does really seem to understand basketball, he works on improving player skills, has been able to draw in surprisingly good players from outside the state. I held out hope that he was learning to be a better coach and I didn’t hold the “bad“ seasons against him as much. It was not up to the standards we expect, but it was an investment on developing a young coach. I do not think he was hired only because of his name. He had shown some promise in developing game plans for some very good programs. He had bright spots in some games where he exploited the opponents weaknesses.

But, I can no longer defend him when you see a team repeatedly be so unprepared for their opponents. NW can not beat anyone this year and all we had to do was find a way to make just a handful of shots in the second half. The coach had no guidance to help the players score against a team that has inferior talent! I know that players can make some mistakes, but this was a clinic in coaching incompetence. NW double teamed Carr and we still can’t find a way to the basket with the remaining 4 on 3?

I doubt that you will be able to find many Pitino advocates left since I have thrown in the towel.

BADGER February 2021:

Never respected him. It must be next man up, your all trained for this etc... Excuses are soft and do not build trust. We all know injuries affect results. He is suppose to lead the team not cover his own ass.
BADGER circa January, 2020:

"How do i reconcile what then since Bo is not my guy, just a great coach. I know very well that Pitino is not his dad and respect his dad only for basketball teaching ability. His son. i respect as a being a decent person which is ultimately more important than coaching but he is a long way from being considered a great coach. This came up because , once again someone spoke for me calling Bo my guy. Numerous posts over the years by me stating that i never liked Bo Ryan as a person, know a lot about him. But i can see what a great coach he was, highest winning % in conference history is a incredible achievement and he recruited clean. Master teacher."

Does anyone on GH believe ONE WORD from BADGER?

Which is it, BADGER?

Everyone is saying we need to prepare for a couple of lean years no matter which coach we hire. But is that really the case? A bad basketball team is much easier to turn around quicker than football due to the fact you can do it with 2-3 good players in your starting lineup. And with the transfer rule, wouldn't it make it that much easier?

Everyone is saying we need to prepare for a couple of lean years no matter which coach we hire. But is that really the case? A bad basketball team is much easier to turn around quicker than football due to the fact you can do it with 2-3 good players in your starting lineup. And with the transfer rule, wouldn't it make it that much easier?
With the rules the way they are right now, right now is the time.

Top Bottom