OHIO STATE'S AMIR RIEP, JAHSEN WINT CHARGED WITH RAPE, KIDNAPPING

Sure they do. Google it.

It’s less common, but there are also significantly fewer college hockey players, as compared to football.
I don’t hear of even one hockey player a year being accused of such a thing like this. Patrick Kane accused but found not guilty. Evander Kane was accused, but no charges filed. I see about three articles linked to college hockey teams. It seems to be common in football, it appears to be rare in the hockey community.

I don’t hear of even one hockey player a year being accused of such a thing like this. Patrick Kane accused but found not guilty. Evander Kane was accused, but no charges filed. I see about three articles linked to college hockey teams. It seems to be common in football, it appears to be rare in the hockey community.
Ok what's your point?

What does that even mean?
That schools are recruiting players with bad upbringings, raised around bad elements, and they bring that culture into football with them. A lot of schools are willing to take crap kids into their football program if it means winning. This is the result. A few sexual assault or rape cases in the news every year.

That schools are recruiting players with bad upbringings, raised around bad elements, and they bring that culture into football with them. A lot of schools are willing to take crap kids into their football program if it means winning. This is the result. A few sexual assault or rape cases in the news every year.
What's the solution, don't recruit kids from "bad upbringings"?

What's the solution, don't recruit kids from "bad upbringings"?
No, just do better vetting of a recruits character. Dig a little more into their background. Run a tighter ship like Fleck does. Fleck seems to have things figured out fairly well from what I can tell. You still haven’t answered my question.

How is that "the football culture"?

How is that "the football culture"?
What other sports do you see it happening with at the rate that it happens with football players? Maybe basketball? Even with basketball I don’t think I see nearly as many of these cases. I’m not saying it’s something that is created by football, or by being a football player. I’m saying people are bringing the issue with them onto the football stage. What would you attribute it to? I wish someone would do a study to see what sport dominates in having these kinds of cases come up. I haven’t been able to find any stats on it. But going solely on what I hear about most, I find it’s football that has the most sexual assault, or rape, cases pop up. I think it’s the leniency that coaches and recruiters have for highly talented players that have bad character. A coach from big time school sees a 4-star athlete that they want, sees that they have a aggravated assault charge on their record as a minor, and they ignore it or downplay it.

What other sports do you see it happening with at the rate that it happens with football players? Maybe basketball? Even with basketball I don’t think I see nearly as many of these cases. I’m not saying it’s something that is created by football, or by being a football player. I’m saying people are bringing the issue with them onto the football stage. What would you attribute it to? I wish someone would do a study to see what sport dominates in having these kinds of cases come up. I haven’t been able to find any stats on it. But going solely on what I hear about most, I find it’s football that has the most sexual assault, or rape, cases pop up. I think it’s the leniency that coaches and recruiters have for highly talented players that have bad character. A coach from big time school sees a 4-star athlete that they want, sees that they have a aggravated assault charge on their record as a minor, and they ignore it or downplay it.
This "rate" and no actual numbers makes no sense...

I’m going off of personal observations of all sports as far as I’ve seen. Not able to comprehend what I’m saying?

I get it, I think it is dumb to be talking about "rate", talking about culture, and talking about the differences between sports and later...."well I base this off of jack squat".

I get it, I think it is dumb to be talking about "rate", talking about culture, and talking about the differences between sports and later...."well I base this off of jack squat".
So hearing/reading stories about college and nfl football players being involved in sexual assault/rape cases way more frequently than I hear/read about it in any other sport is going off of jack squat? I hear about it at a much higher rate in the football realm than other sports each year. I don’t know what you think is off base here

Just so I'm clear...football players = bad; Hockey players = good. Do I have that right?
Not what I said. here’s a better way to over simplify what I was getting at, since you’d like to do this.

Many football coaches/recruiters = often overlooking bad character because of high talent.

number of football players involved In sexual assault and/or rape cases > number of players in other sports involved in sexual assault or rape cases

Top Bottom