Ohio State Football Schedule Prep: Minnesota Golden Gophers ("Minnesota team could make life difficult for the Buckeyes if they don’t show up ready")

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Frank:

Overall, this Minnesota team could make life difficult for the Buckeyes if they don’t show up ready to play. We saw it last November in a game against Maryland where the Buckeyes were not hitting on all cylinders and almost lost. This Golden Gopher squad is just as talented as that Maryland team, so Ryan Day and the Ohio State football team need to be focused.

PJ Fleck is a very good coach and knows what type of environment his team will be going up against in Ohio Stadium. I would expect Fleck to have this game circled on the Gophers’ schedule as their Super Bowl for the season. An upset in Columbus would make Fleck’s career and the Buckeyes need to be ready to play come November 18th.

Go Gophers!!

Per Frank:

An upset in Columbus would make Fleck’s career

So with a win, Fleck might retire? I hope he stays on for the bowl game.

That writing reminded me of two things:
1. The assumption in Ohio that everyone must circle their scheduled game with the Buckeyes (Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan games would be circled before this one).

2. All the nice but extremely patronizing OSU fans I met when traveling to Columbus to watch Eric Decker and Tim Brewster’s Gophers play the Buckeyes in 2009.

LOL! To be so arrogant you think any time a team plays you, it is "their super bowl". Certainly not the case.

Oh, how I hate Ohio State.

From a t-shirt I saw back in the day at Memorial Stadium.

The Buckeyes will hardly need to shower after.

While I don't disagree that Fleck will have the team focused for this game, I disagree that it'll be the equivalent of his super bowl for the season. The super bowl better be the friggin Iowa game.
Yes and no? I think he has already made Wisky the super bowl game each year.

I think he tries to make every game a Super Bowl, he’s always talking about the “one game season”.
I was thinking the same thing. OSU will be "our" superbowl OSU week. Each win makes the following game bigger.

Signed Captain Obvious (aka STPGopher).

Tyler Nubin sums up the attitude of the team.

"I would expect Fleck to have this game circled on the Gophers’ schedule as their Super Bowl for the season."

Uh, that's "Ohio State Championship Season," friend.

Although we haven't beaten Brutus in a while, we always seem to play them very tough

PJ getting another coach fired.
It is ominous for Big Ten coaches on thin ice to lose against the Gophers close to Thanksgiving. Ohio State is playing the Gophers on November 18. So, the pressure is more on Ron (brain fog! :eek:) Ryan Day. The Gophers have a chance to spring an upset. It is PJ Fleck's Mojo! 👹

Three former Big Ten coaches met their coaching demise after losing to PJ Fleck's Gophers before Thanksgiving. Two Nebraska coaches, Bo Pellini and Scott Frost, were fired after Thanksgiving losses. Who was the third Big Ten Coach fired after losing to the Gophers close to Thanksgiving?

Last edited:

It is ominous for Big Ten coaches on thin ice to lose against the Gophers close to Thanksgiving. Ohio State is playing the Gophers on November 18. So, the pressure is more on Ron Day and Ohio State. The Gophers have a chance to spring an upset. It is PJ Fleck's Mojo! 👹

Three former Big Ten coaches met their coaching demise after losing to PJ Fleck's Gophers before Thanksgiving. Two Nebraska coaches, Bo Pellini and Scott Frost, were fired after Thanksgiving losses. Who was the third Big Ten Coach fired after losing to the Gophers close to Thanksgiving?
Ryan's twin brother?

So with a win, Fleck might retire? I hope he stays on for the bowl game.

That writing reminded me of two things:
1. The assumption in Ohio that everyone must circle their scheduled game with the Buckeyes (Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan games would be circled before this one).

2. All the nice but extremely patronizing OSU fans I met when traveling to Columbus to watch Eric Decker and Tim Brewster’s Gophers play the Buckeyes in 2009.
Yes, home fans are always nice before games that they think they are going to win. Now if they don't win, their behavior is likely to change.

Yes, home fans are always nice before games that they think they are going to win. Now if they don't win, their behavior is likely to change.
Well, we took a fair amount of s**t walking to the stadium before the MSU game...they were pretty humble after. Great campus, by the way.

Top Bottom