Official Ignoring 2020 Fleck Stats

I personally dont like ignoring 2020. If he had won two more games we would never exclude it.

I personally dont like ignoring 2020. If he had won two more games we would never exclude it.
It was a stupid 7 games season of scrimmages when you look back. Northwestern was 7-2 that year. They're 7-21 if you exclude that season going back to 2019.

Michigan was 2-4 and if excluded 25-6. MN 3-4, ignore 24-6. Indiana followed 7-2 by going 0-9(2-10)

Only 5 of 14 teams in the conference were .500 or better in 2020 and Indiana & Northwestern were two of them.

It was a stupid 7 games season of scrimmages when you look back. Northwestern was 7-2 that year. They're 7-21 if you exclude that season going back to 2019.

Michigan was 2-4 and if excluded 25-6. MN 3-4, ignore 24-6. Indiana followed 7-2 by going 0-9(2-10)

Only 5 of 14 teams in the conference were .500 or better in 2020 and Indiana & Northwestern were two of them.
Thats fair. But if the Gophers went 6-3 or 7-2 you better believe everyone here would be counting it on Fleck's record. I'm not saying it was not a lame year, but it counts.

I've never been of the belief that 2020 doesn't count, but I don't really care. It was a somewhat down year but in my eyes doesn't make PJ or the staff look any worse other than on record. We went 3-4 losing two games in OT due to field goals/extra points. We weren't nearly as bad in 2020 as some want to believe.

Thats fair. But if the Gophers went 6-3 or 7-2 you better believe everyone here would be counting it on Fleck's record. I'm not saying it was not a lame year, but it counts.
Well if we had gone 7 and 2 we probabbly would have not had so many players out and maybe that would have looked more like a team PJ and Co. put together?

I've never been of the belief that 2020 doesn't count, but I don't really care. It was a somewhat down year but in my eyes doesn't make PJ or the staff look any worse other than on record. We went 3-4 losing two games in OT due to field goals/extra points. We weren't nearly as bad in 2020 as some want to believe.
I also thing that season made us a better team and program.

So all teams had the same experience with Covid? MN as I recall was down over 30 players at times. Not fair to judge coaching when a virus dictates who can/ can’t play.

36-19 overall
19-18 in B1G
24-6 overall since start of 2019
14-5 in B1G since start of 2019
9-2 on the road since 2019
Here's the stat I like, 17-2 in last 19 games with Kirk Ciarocca as the OC. Pretty impressive.

We might still have the same OC too.
That's like the alternate timeline where Spock is evil.... I don't even want to think about it ... it gives me nightmares ...

spocks_beard.jpg

What am I missing, who and/or where is there an argument to exclude 2020?

Top Bottom