Official Dec 20 - Crossover Game Watch Thread

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
So week of December 20th, Big Ten teams are supposed to play their 9th game which will be a cross over the same week as BTT game.

Even though we aren't out of West Contention, here are possible matchups.

OSU - Unlikely
Indiana - Unlikely

Maryland - Would be a rematch, so unlikely
Rutgers - May start to suck the rest of the season
Michigan - Would be a rematch, so unlikely
Michigan St - Good possibility
Penn St - Will they leapfrog someone?

If Minnesota / WI gets cancelled, and we actually beat NW and / or Nebby, I could see a reschedule game for the Axe on that date.

As it stands now. No repeats.

OSU vs NW
Indiana vs Iowa
Maryland vs Wisconsin
Michigan vs Purdue / Illinois
Michigan St vs Minnesota
Rutgers vs Nebraska
Penn St vs Purdue / Illinois

OSU vs NW
Indiana vs Iowa
Maryland vs Wisconsin
Michigan St vs Minnesota
Rutgers vs Nebraska
Right now we would see Rutgers and Nebraska would see Michigan state

Ah, so I was close...
I’d only assume because Rutgers beat Michigan state head to head.

right now Michigan state is the number 6 in the East and Nebraska is in the west.

but they won’t want Nebraska and penn state to play again

So week of December 20th, Big Ten teams are supposed to play their 9th game which will be a cross over the same week as BTT game.

Even though we aren't out of West Contention, here are possible matchups.

OSU - Unlikely
Indiana - Unlikely

Maryland - Would be a rematch, so unlikely
Rutgers - May start to suck the rest of the season
Michigan - Would be a rematch, so unlikely
Michigan St - Good possibility
Penn St - Will they leapfrog someone?

If Minnesota / WI gets cancelled, and we actually beat NW and / or Nebby, I could see a reschedule game for the Axe on that date.
Unless I missed something, the games will be Saturday, Dec 19. Where have you seen/heard the B1G would be rescheduling canceled games?

Unless I missed something, the games will be Saturday, Dec 19. Where have you seen/heard the B1G would be rescheduling canceled games?
Nowhere. It is speculation.

it would make sense to play division and rivalry games that were missed due to cancelation rather than 2-7 crossovers though.

for instance....
Wisconsin vs Purdue and Michigan state vs Maryland are probably more important to play than Wisconsin vs Maryland and Michigan state vs Purdue

OSU vs NW
Indiana vs Iowa
Maryland vs Wisconsin
Michigan St vs Minnesota
Rutgers vs Nebraska
I think Penn St will beat both Mich St and Rutgers, and Michigan. So I could see us get a repeat of "the game" from last year.

No where.
I'm just using the "what would I do" part of my brain.

You guys think these games are really going to happen?

I thought these matchups were strictly based on standings, whether repeat or not. Is that wrong?

I thought these matchups were strictly based on standings, whether repeat or not. Is that wrong?
Yes, that's wrong. Obviously, 1 v. 1 will be the championship game, even if it's a repeat. After that, they will try to avoid repeats. I don't think they have published criteria for that, but they hope to avoid teams playing twice.

Top Bottom