Offense the last two games

Play calls changed dramatically.

A couple plays I haven't seen at all (including the one where everyone runs out 5 yards and stops exactly when they cuddle up to a DB and turn around and leave Morgan in no man's land).

Also no horrible drops IIRC.

A couple plays I haven't seen at all (including the one where everyone runs out 5 yards and stops exactly when they cuddle up to a DB and turn around and leave Morgan in no man's land).

It's cliche, but Minnesota really was "saving" a lot for Iowa and Wisconsin. They knew those two games would decide the West. They ran at least 2 or 3 play action plays in both those games they hadn't shown all year. They introduced the toss zone against Iowa and ran a play action SCREEN off that against Wisco yesterday. They also introduced multiple formations and short yardage sets against both teams they hadn't shown (including the super unbalanced goal line run yesterday). The general approach to throwing on earlier downs changed as well. They broke so many tendencies that past 3 weeks.

It's cliche, but Minnesota really was "saving" a lot for Iowa and Wisconsin. They knew those two games would decide the West. They ran at least 2 or 3 play action plays in both those games they hadn't shown all year. They introduced the toss zone against Iowa and ran a play action SCREEN off that against Wisco yesterday. They also introduced multiple formations and short yardage sets against both teams they hadn't shown (including the super unbalanced goal line run yesterday). The general approach to throwing on earlier downs changed as well. They broke so many tendencies that past 3 weeks.
Agreed.

Defense had some run counters / blitzes that they hadn’t show too.

I just wonder if it's a bit more than that? Like the changes came after the awful Illinois game, so was it really "Saving for Iowa and Wisconsin" or was there a larger philosophy change that happened at the same time.

Fleck really challenged the WR group after the Iowa game and they stepped up big time the past 2 weeks. Morgan had some struggles in that Iowa game but the WRs didn't help him much either. Against Indiana and again against Wisconsin they made some tough catches in traffic and held onto the ball.

Top Bottom