October Dem Debate

MnplsGopher

Lucas, hopefully it goes without saying that a cesspool like the gopherhole.com OTB internet message board is not going to provide you with anything resembling facts.

You will be swarmed by sewer rats, trying to infect you with their bubonic plague. “Everything you’ve been taught in your life is a lie. I can give you the real truth. Just follow me into this sewer hole! Hey little kid ... want some candy?”

On Klobuchar, she is best suited for retail politics - the one-on-one type of interaction. I've interviewed her a couple of times, and observed her meeting with people in informal settings - at restaurants, etc. She is really good in those settings. She connects with people - especially in smaller towns, etc. She gets that from her Dad. From all I've heard and read, she is also good at the behind-the-scenes aspect of politics - trying to get people together to work out legislation.

but, she just doesn't come off as well in the big televised showdowns, where it's all geared at making a big splash or coming up with the biggest put-down to an opponent.

And it doesn't help when the media just keeps trying to get candidates to fight with each other, because the media thinks that 'conflict' will boost their ratings.

Section2

On Klobuchar, she is best suited for retail politics - the one-on-one type of interaction. I've interviewed her a couple of times, and observed her meeting with people in informal settings - at restaurants, etc. She is really good in those settings. She connects with people - especially in smaller towns, etc. She gets that from her Dad. From all I've heard and read, she is also good at the behind-the-scenes aspect of politics - trying to get people together to work out legislation.

but, she just doesn't come off as well in the big televised showdowns, where it's all geared at making a big splash or coming up with the biggest put-down to an opponent.

And it doesn't help when the media just keeps trying to get candidates to fight with each other, because the media thinks that 'conflict' will boost their ratings.
She also doesn't come off as well when her staff didn't get her laundry done.

MnplsGopher

Hence why it’s best for the country, and best for elections, if you IGNORE the reality TV crap that televised election coverage/debates are!!

If you care enough about a particular candidate, attend something or watch a video on YouTube that wasn't put out to get ratings. TV is horse dung, only designed for ratings.

jamiche

But Trump!
Warren blew that answer about paying for her health care plan. It was a lie by omission. As long as you have mentioned trump, that puts her approximately 13,000 lies behind the president since he took office, deuce.

If you want to magnify it 13,000 times so that you feel like there is some kind of equivalency, go ahead. It worked for you in 2016, so you'll try again, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Warren blew that answer about paying for her health care plan. It was a lie by omission. As long as you have mentioned trump, that puts her approximately 13,000 lies behind the president since he took office, deuce.

If you want to magnify it 13,000 times so that you feel like there is some kind of equivalency, go ahead. It worked for you in 2016, so you'll try again, I'm sure.
But Trump though!!!!

lucasjfoster

Lucas- thanks for posting. What specifically has happened over the past three years that has made things worse in America that you can tag directly to Trump?

Are you aware the the Russian asset thing has been 100% dispatched with? Trump may be crass and say things he should not or hold views you don't like, but he is 100% for America and our sovereignty.

Last point- the most important things you should consider for your future is-

How much power do you want to give to the Federal government and it's intel agencies- considering the level of today's technology?
Do you want to protect free speech and religion for all Americans? What role could Twitter, Google and Facebook play in chilling free speech in the future?
Do you want to give up American sovereignty to a world governing body that you don't vote for?

All the best to you!

I am in my 60's - I have had a great life and I wish you and my family the same world I was handed and taught to love. I see that slipping away as we attempt to throw away our freedoms one by one until we no longer recognize ourselves.
First off I am purely referring to him as a Russian asset in the sense that he repeatable does things that hurt the United States (tariffs, exciting alliances, nearly starting wars, siding with Putin on us intel). He may not really be a Russian asset, but he surely has interests that aren’t in the best interest of the people. Trumpers can say the economy is good, their taxes are low, and that employment is low, but at the end of the day his administration and policies have hurt the fabric of our culture
Personally, I feel as though we have gotten to a point in politics where we have allowed huge corporations to dictate legislation to a point (lobbying) where the average person doesn’t have as much of a say as the million dollar execs. This goes hand in hand with Facebook and their usage of ads and their policies on how accurate their data has to be. If we aren’t carful we could very well fall into a techno fascist world. I see trump only as a facist. Thank you for your posts everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucasjfoster

It's hard to explain to someone who's not there yet, but basically everything you've been taught about Trump/Republicans is a lie.

Trump is quite obviously not a Russian asset. Robert Mueller made that quite clear.

Trump did not commit a crime on the White House lawn. He didn't commit any crime in regards to Ukraine. At least nothing that's been revealed up till now.

Half the people in the country voted Trump & even more will vote Trump in 2020. I'm a good example. I didn't vote for him in 2016, but will in 2020. It's not a fringe position, except in your bubble. Unemployment at the lowest level in 50 years. Wages for low earners rising faster than any other demographic. Renegotiating the horrible trade deals that crushed our working class & manufacturing base. Working for Main St. rather than Wall St. We haven't launched multiple new wars like Obama & Bush. I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but it's important to wrap your head around the fact that Trump supporters aren't just a bunch of dumb racists, as your media sources clearly have you believing.
His supporters may not be racist personally, but he for sure is and his policies are. I beg and plead you to try and twist your body to try and defend him on that. Lemme guess you watch tucker Carlson a lot?

KillerGopherFan

His supporters may not be racist personally, but he for sure is and his policies are. I beg and plead you to try and twist your body to try and defend him on that. Lemme guess you watch tucker Carlson a lot?
Lucas, you really should bring more than just your opinion. Try posting something that backs up your opinion. Or, you can be like howie, jam jam, and a couple others and just post the first thing you think of.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
First off I am purely referring to him as a Russian asset in the sense that he repeatable does things that hurt the United States (tariffs, exciting alliances, nearly starting wars, siding with Putin on us intel). He may not really be a Russian asset, but he surely has interests that aren’t in the best interest of the people. Trumpers can say the economy is good, their taxes are low, and that employment is low, but at the end of the day his administration and policies have hurt the fabric of our culture
Personally, I feel as though we have gotten to a point in politics where we have allowed huge corporations to dictate legislation to a point (lobbying) where the average person doesn’t have as much of a say as the million dollar execs. This goes hand in hand with Facebook and their usage of ads and their policies on how accurate their data has to be. If we aren’t carful we could very well fall into a techno fascist world. I see trump only as a facist. Thank you for your posts everyone.
Holy wowzers, it's impossible to argue with the indoctrinated youth of today. I'd be curious to know what some of your thoughts are once you've been in the real world for 8-10 years. The bigger, and potentially scarier question I would have is, where in the world are you coming up with this stuff?

JimmyJamesMD

Congrats on Amy K for asking Warren how she was going to pay for it. Warren is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I full expect her to be just another corpatist just like Biden and Amy K.

My girl Tulsi, loved the white, but she needed to be on the offensive more. Thats how Trump got noticed.

MnplsGopher

Holy wowzers, it's impossible to argue with the indoctrinated youth of today. I'd be curious to know what some of your thoughts are once you've been in the real world for 8-10 years. The bigger, and potentially scarier question I would have is, where in the world are you coming up with this stuff?
It's impossible to argue with the indoctrinated (Fox News, and worse) senescent of today.

MnplsGopher

Congrats on Amy K for asking Warren how she was going to pay for it. Warren is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I full expect her to be just another corpatist just like Biden and Amy K.

My girl Tulsi, loved the white, but she needed to be on the offensive more. Thats how Trump got noticed.
Reality TV stars. That's how you get noticed, to be a policy leader, in this country! Sad

bga1

Reality TV stars. That's how you get noticed, to be a policy leader, in this country! Sad
We turned to an outsider who was a business man, as well as a TV star, because our standard politicians have been failing us for years. I am sure you would agree that the state of politics is in bad shape. For all of your complaints about Trump stylistically, Hillary, the alternative you ran against him, was corrupt to the core and everyone knew it. Face it- the Clinton Foundation is one of the most brazen schemes ever run by a US politician. Foreign money pouring into their foundation by the millions and now...it has all dried up. $500,000 speeches in Russia.... None of that even stirs you. Impeach Trump!

MnplsGopher

We turned to an outsider who was a business man, as well as a TV star, because our standard politicians have been failing us for years. I am sure you would agree that the state of politics is in bad shape. For all of your complaints about Trump stylistically, Hillary, the alternative you ran against him, was corrupt to the core and everyone knew it. Face it- the Clinton Foundation is one of the most brazen schemes ever run by a US politician. Foreign money pouring into their foundation by the millions and now...it has all dried up. $500,000 speeches in Russia.... None of that even stirs you. Impeach Trump!
Failing you for years? BS. Your life was just fine before, and continues to be exactly how it was.

None of it actually touches you. You just pretend to care about things that don't concern you, personally.

Latest profile posts