Nubin

Some guy

Reaction score
Love Nubin
He is one of our best players

2/4 touchdowns were 100% his fault.
We lost because of Nubin.

Can’t win divisions when your best player costs you games

Horrible angle on that tackle on the first TD, and he bit on the last.

Big INT, but man...

Love him.
Can’t be mad at him

But you don’t win divisions with your best player screwing your team over

Hopefully we get 1-2 more

How could Nubin and Gousby not focus on #1? Both safeties were out of position. No excuse. #1 was the only deep threat and he split both safeties. Neither of them were close and one of them or both should have moved his way. Nope they just stayed in their deep 1/2. Lack of instincts and vision.

But it starts with Rossi. WTH didn't he jam #1 at the LOS and then turn him over to a man? Or at lest slow him down. Rossi never does this. Let the others play the zone. Nope he was allowed to run freely through our defense.

How could Nubin and Gousby not focus on #1? Both safeties were out of position. No excuse. #1 was the only deep threat and he split both safeties. Neither of them were close and one of them or both should have moved his way. Nope they just stayed in their deep 1/2. Lack of instincts and vision.

But it starts with Rossi. WTH didn't he jam #1 at the LOS and then turn him over to a man? Or at lest slow him down. Rossi never does this. Let the others play the zone. Nope he was allowed to run freely through our defense.
I just returned from the game. Rossie didn't jam anybody on 4th and 12 on the Illinois 8 and the Illinois guy caught the pass surrounded by five Gophers. Then the next one, the same thing. On the TD play once again no jamming their #1 receiver, #1 and the safeties both committed the original sin...letting the guy get behind them AND THIS WAS THE REPLACEMENT QB FOR ILLINOIS. 92 yards. The Gophers had all kinds of opportunities to win this game but didn't. Settling for FG's when WR's drop a good pass, AK not even looking at an open TE in the left end zone,. Having a successful tush push in one quarter on a one yard need but running around the right side east/west on another 3 and 1. The rifle shot to an open TE for a first down that could have won the game. Did I mention the two point play. AK was open and should have received the pass, but the passer was late.And all of this on a d ay that Wisconsin lost, Nebraska lost.

The ole’ drop 5 in the secondary and the players look at each other x “I thought you had him, no I thought you had him”. End result no one had him and the results 6 for the opponents.

And he tried to give the Iowa game away with his stupid penalties. Our best player has done an awful lot to hurt us this season.

And he tried to give the Iowa game away with his stupid penalties. Our best player has done an awful lot to hurt us this season.
Yeah.

Still love him. But he isn’t the kind of best player than wins a championship

Rossi is way overrated. Any team with a halfway decent qb torches him. Receivers are almost always wide open.

Calling out T. Nubin is difficult for me because he makes so many positive plays on D. But as a leader of your team you can’t make these mental mistakes that cost your team a W.

AND they came out of a timeout that THEY took and still got burned by the player, the only player the Illini had that could beat them...

Calling out T. Nubin is difficult for me because he makes so many positive plays on D. But as a leader of your team you can’t make these mental mistakes that cost your team a W.
Calling our T Nubin is easy because he made mistakes

Teams where the best players make huge mistakes don’t win championships

Nubin should have tackled #1 Williams once he realized he couldn't run with him. Penalty is better than letting the guy get wide open.

Totally agree.

On those two plays that went for touchdowns, 10 guys played flawlessly only to watch Nubin fuck it up.

And on that third down play that would have iced the game, I’m not sure what aspect I’m more mad about. The play call that Nubin called, the high bullet pass that Nubin threw, or the fact that Nubin didn’t come up with that catch?

And let’s not forget about Nubin fumbling the opening kickoff.

This game is 100% on Nubin.

Totally agree.

On those two plays that went for touchdowns, 10 guys played flawlessly only to watch Nubin fuck it up.

And on that third down play that would have iced the game, I’m not sure what aspect I’m more mad about. The play call that Nubin called, the high bullet pass that Nubin threw, or the fact that Nubin didn’t come up with that catch?

And let’s not forget about Nubin fumbling the opening kickoff.

This game is 100% on Nubin.
It’s not 100% on Nubin

But a large chunk.
Still love him. Not our year.

Top Bottom