Not to rain on the parade tonight...

gopherbadgerman

Reaction score
This makes the losses at Ind and vs Mich even harder to stomach. Mich loses to PSU and we DESTROY Indiana tonight, going to lead to a lot of Mason like thoughts if we cant pull out 4 more wins this year (which I think it will take to get to the NCAA's).

Good effort tonight, but my god was it me, or did Colton lose 90% of the balls he got his hands on...

Thought DJ and LW were tremendous tonight. We need that from those two. When two guys are hot, we can be tough to beat, and DJ brings another look to the team, and guy with size that can score the basketball. I like it.

Not to rain on the parade tonight...

THEN DON'T!

This makes the losses at Ind and vs Mich even harder to stomach. Mich loses to PSU and we DESTROY Indiana tonight, going to lead to a lot of Mason like thoughts if we cant pull out 4 more wins this year (which I think it will take to get to the NCAA's).

Good effort tonight, but my god was it me, or did Colton lose 90% of the balls he got his hands on...

Thought DJ and LW were tremendous tonight. We need that from those two. When two guys are hot, we can be tough to beat, and DJ brings another look to the team, and guy with size that can score the basketball. I like it.

I don't think anyone disagrees with the fact that we should have won those games earlier in the season...and a few more. I know I'm more hopeful than I was a week ago, but I'm certainly not expecting a miracle. The fact they they are playing with some fire in their belly, and as a team at least makes these games enjoyable to watch.

If DJ and LW are both on, and leading the team as seniors - I think we can have a few good weeks ahead of us. Easier said than done...but for now, I'm going to just enjoy these two wins and hope they can come out with the same passion against Purdue.

I don't think anyone disagrees with the fact that we should have won those games earlier in the season...and a few more. I know I'm more hopeful than I was a week ago, but I'm certainly not expecting a miracle. The fact they they are playing with some fire in their belly, and as a team at least makes these games enjoyable to watch.

If DJ and LW are both on, and leading the team as seniors - I think we can have a few good weeks ahead of us. Easier said than done...but for now, I'm going to just enjoy these two wins and hope they can come out with the same passion against Purdue.

Should have 5 more W but don't. We have eyes on front (not back) of our heads for a reason.

Can't CHANGE the past but CAN change the future by learning from the past.

You can't change the past. We can only look forward. Every game from here on out is a must win now!

The loss at Indiana was terrible. They are a horrible, awful team.

But, the victory two nights ago was significant and the Gophers came back 48 hours later, saw blood, and immediately attacked. There was no looking ahead - they took care of business and did it well tonight. The seniors looked like seniors.

For the elder statesmen, Wednesday is enormous.

It is an easy recipe - Get ready for the next game, then win it. Repeat. I hope the Painter likes Maroon & Gold - because it will be all over his team this week.

The loss at Indiana was terrible. They are a horrible, awful team.

But, the victory two nights ago was significant and the Gophers came back 48 hours later, saw blood, and immediately attacked. There was no looking ahead - they took care of business and did it well tonight. The seniors looked like seniors.

For the elder statesmen, Wednesday is enormous.

It is an easy recipe - Get ready for the next game, then win it. Repeat. I hope the Painter likes Maroon & Gold - because it will be all over his team this week.

Same old, same old. Time for bed.

At one point in the second half I turned to the guy next to me and asked him, "does Colton have 1 point, one rebound, and like 6 turnovers with 3 or 4 fouls? The answer was probably yes. Lets be real, if White and Trevor could play Iverson would not see more then 5 minutes per game this year.

Should have 5 more W but don't. We have eyes on front (not back) of our heads for a reason.

Can't CHANGE the past but CAN change the future by learning from the past.

Tell that to the NCAA. Remember 1997

Well if something is to blame for the season not turning out they way people had expected and hoped, just look back to the MSU loss at home and the OT loss to NW. Turn those two around and all of a sudden we're looking like a possible 6 or 7 seed seed...but I will admit, it might be the biggest on-court story for this program since 1997 if they make the NCAA's this year.

Iverson's line last night...

At one point in the second half I turned to the guy next to me and asked him, "does Colton have 1 point, one rebound, and like 6 turnovers with 3 or 4 fouls? The answer was probably yes. Lets be real, if White and Trevor could play Iverson would not see more then 5 minutes per game this year.

...was quite different from your opinion of what it was. At the end of the game he had three points on 1 of 4 from the field and 1 of 2 from the line, 4 boards, one assist, one turnover, one steal and 2 personal fouls, so I don't know how he could have had "6 turnovers and 3 or 4 fouls" whenever it was you made this remark. Maybe you should check facts rather than disparage a player's performance based on your obviously faulty memory.

...was quite different from your opinion of what it was. At the end of the game he had three points on 1 of 4 from the field and 1 of 2 from the line, 4 boards, one assist, one turnover, one steal and 2 personal fouls, so I don't know how he could have had "6 turnovers and 3 or 4 fouls" whenever it was you made this remark. Maybe you should check facts rather than disparage a player's performance based on your obviously faulty memory.

while not as bad as that poster thought, still a poor game

Top Bottom