Not Kinnick North- Iowa game not sold out

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Iowa game not sold out

Just looked at Gophersports and lots of tickets available at 60 a piece. Addtionally 1560 available on Stubhub. Given the fact that game is Thanksgiving, likely cold and Iowa having a so-so season, this looks like it might be a pretty dead affair.

In retrospect perhaps just playing outside (without beer) late in the year likely minimizes visitor attendence.

The wind is coming out of the Iowa sails rather quickly right about now. It will be even less if (once?) they lose to OSU next week. IF they lose to OSU will they lose out at an opportunity to play in a NYD bowl? That could make them ripe for an upset at TCF.

I do not care how many Iowans come up here for the game. I do not care that it is Thanksgiving weekend. It is going to be a great atmosphere and it is going to be fun. Now, I just hope beyond all hope that we pull the stunner. How fun would it be to kick Iowa when they are down? (Meaning 3 straight losses to end the season).

Wait a minute, you are starting a thread about how Iowa fans have not sold out OUR stadium? I have an issue with any Gopher fans using the term "Kinnick North" in any way but especially when you seem to agree that that is what it should be considered. Am I missing something.

On a brighter note, it would be nice for Gopher fans to snap up all the unsold seats in Carver Hawkeye Arena when we play this season so we can start a Williams Arena South campaign. Then again, who wants to go to Iowa?

This should put an end to the blowhards boasting about their unconditional support for their squad. Fan support is directly proportional to the success of the team. There were going to be 35000 Iowa fans before they lost to Wisconsin. Wonder what has changed since then?

Just for some background. The additional tickets just went on sale this morning. The U is trying to sell the unsold student tickets to gain some additional revenue. These tickets were made available to Gopher season ticket holders on Friday at $50 apiece. Whatever is left is up for sale to the general public at $60 each today.

Not sure we should be ripping anyone. It is afterall, our stadium, and we've failed to sell it out. Do we really need Iowa fans to sell out our 50,000 seats? And, if we do, do we really want to jump on here and say this proves they don't have good fans, when it is our own building that is not sold out? That was the entire point of building it to 50K, that this would not be an issue. Yet, here we have a couple thousand unsold tickets that the GOPHERS cannot sell to our own fans, and we want to rip the Hawkeye fans because it appears they aren't buying them? Ok, then.

Wait a minute, you are starting a thread about how Iowa fans have not sold out OUR stadium? I have an issue with any Gopher fans using the term "Kinnick North" in any way but especially when you seem to agree that that is what it should be considered. Am I missing something.

On a brighter note, it would be nice for Gopher fans to snap up all the unsold seats in Carver Hawkeye Arena when we play this season so we can start a Williams Arena South campaign. Then again, who wants to go to Iowa?

I agree, please edit your thread and remove the term "Kinnick North".

P!ss on those bandwagon jumpers as well. It last night's BB loss to SDSU, they listed the attendance as 11,700. That has to be season tickets sold.

There might have been 2,000-3,000 (at best) in the stands. There were some camera shots where you saw no one.

I do not care how many Iowans come up here for the game. I do not care that it is Thanksgiving weekend. It is going to be a great atmosphere and it is going to be fun. Now, I just hope beyond all hope that we pull the stunner. How fun would it be to kick Iowa when they are down? (Meaning 3 straight losses to end the season).

Sounds like you are going to be there.. Enjoy it man! This will be my 4th year missing the Iowa game.. and this year's reason is my retarded sister decided to plan her wedding that day.

What a b1tc&.

I agree, please edit your thread and remove the term "Kinnick North".

P!ss on those bandwagon jumpers as well. It last night's BB loss to SDSU, they listed the attendance as 11,700. That has to be season tickets sold.

There might have been 2,000-3,000 (at best) in the stands. There were some camera shots where you saw no one.

I was at the game and there were more than 2-3K at the game. I agree, the 11,700 number is bogus but I would say attendance was around 8K. Still bad, but way more than 2-3K.

There will still be a lot of Iowa fans at the game. But Iowa loses again this week and it will be even better.

Top Bottom