Not an "Urban" Myth – Beal trades Gators for Gophers!

Beal is a great get and will be a great fit. But please tell me his statement about being excited to get up to "Minnesota Minneapolis" is a typo.

Beal is a great get and will be a great fit. But please tell me his statement about being excited to get up to "Minnesota Minneapolis" is a typo.

Yes, complete writer error - not Brendan's. Sorry about that. This kid is so bright - he would have caught that and I didn't! I can't believe how well spoken, articulate, and reliable he is. In most instances, the kids that are like that are not the cream of the crop on the field. I feel like this kid is too good to be true!

Great article Gopher Lady. I truly hope that he turns into another Brian Urlacher on the field (he's already more articulate). It's also great to hear that he has already received a medical hardship waiver.

because of Hayo and Pittman I don't get too excited over recruits that Florida wanted that end up coming here. But I can say that this is the type of kid that never would of even considered coming here if Mason was still the coach.

because of Hayo and Pittman I don't get too excited over recruits that Florida wanted that end up coming here. But I can say that this is the type of kid that never would of even considered coming here if Mason was still the coach.

To be honest - I try not to get too excited about any recruit, until they actually play their 1st game. I don't even feel reassured when they enroll...it seems like anything can happen, and seems to!

I really don't think Beal is in the same class as Hayo and Pittman either - if I did let myself get pumped, it would be over this kid.

Great interview. GL - You have done quite a few interviews with recruits. It appears to me that when many of the recruits are asked about Coach Brewster, their response is one of sincere admiration and loyalty. Do you sense this during your interviews as well?

I understand why people are down on Coach given some of the on-field results. However, when a high-profile recruit (coming from Florida and Coach Urban) makes some of the comments that he made in his interview, how can you not be at least optimistic about letting Coach Brewster work through his contract and continue to bring in and develop his own recruits?

I really like how he states Gopher family many times. It goes to show what type of program Brewster is trying to build. Not just a program, but a family.

Here is a link to the Florida site in which they discuss the Beal to Minnesota news. It appears as if they had some high hopes for Beal and see him as a very good addition for us, and that it was a big recruit for Meyer at the time he originally signed. They do take some shots at us and group us with UCF and Marshall, and then the thread gets OT and turns into a pissing match with 'Bama fans:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=168&f=1968&t=6008033

Go Gophers!!

From a career perspective, this is a great move for Brendan! He gets 6 years of school paid for -- she should be very close to getting an MBA by the time he graduates from here. Who knows what happens with Pro football after his Gopher career, but I'm sure he would slide right into an excellent job up here after that...

Here is a link to the Florida site in which they discuss the Beal to Minnesota news. It appears as if they had some high hopes for Beal and see him as a very good addition for us, and that it was a big recruit for Meyer at the time he originally signed. They do take some shots at us and group us with UCF and Marshall, and then the thread gets OT and turns into a pissing match with 'Bama fans:

Go Gophers!!

Well all things considered we should expect fans of programs like Florida's to compare us to mid majors. But I don't care. I'll take Mr. Beal :D

Great interview. GL - You have done quite a few interviews with recruits. It appears to me that when many of the recruits are asked about Coach Brewster, their response is one of sincere admiration and loyalty. Do you sense this during your interviews as well?

I think they go both ways - obviously, the kids that sign with MN are Brew fans, or they would not be coming here. Some don't say as positive things, and they go elsewhere. I certainly think the ones that come here are genuine.

From a career perspective, this is a great move for Brendan! He gets 6 years of school paid for -- she should be very close to getting an MBA by the time he graduates from here. Who knows what happens with Pro football after his Gopher career, but I'm sure he would slide right into an excellent job up here after that...

Didn't even think of that - it's like the kids that understand how redshirting their 1st year is really a benefit to them in school and in football. No wonder why he was interested in our grad programs...that kid will be set if he does well.

GL, did his glowing remarks of Brew make your skin crawl?

No, but sometimes yours do ;). Having a kid that loves MN as much as I do is nothing but positive. If we had a few more kids of Beal's caliber that felt that way, we'd be Rose Bowl bound.

Go Gophers!!

uh oh, frod0 is talking smack over there:eek:

Top Bottom