Northern State's Don Meyer set to retire at end of year

He is a great story and coach. One of my son's friends played 4 years for Coach Meyers and had nothing but great things to say about him.

Sad news for my alma mater, but not terribly suprising. I hope he can enjoy his new role and go rattle some cages in the SD legislature if they bring up closing NSU again. The new coach will be replacing back-to-back legendary coaches. I don't envy him.

I started to like his coaching when he left DLU. I went to Belmont so DLU was our biggest rival. His PGs used to bother the opponents PGs by poking or slapping on their body particularly on their butts. I am not trying to be funny. It was very distracting to the opponets PGs. Thats how they got so many steals.

The best basketball camps I ever attended (and I did a couple of "big name" coaching camps growing up) were Don Meyer's. If any of you are interested in coaching at any level start with Don Meyer's books.

The best basketball camps I ever attended (and I did a couple of "big name" coaching camps growing up) were Don Meyer's. If any of you are interested in coaching at any level start with Don Meyer's books.

Not sure about his books, but his DVD series is great, despite being a bit dated. Don't get the last one that his son does though. It is a real stinker.

Top Bottom