No Worse Without Nolen

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Mark my words, this team may be better without Al. Great defender, but poor Al can't throw it in Lake Minnetonka. The line on the MSU game did not even change when Al was ruled inelgible. We'll be better in the long run w/ Combs getting plenty of minutes.

Al's pressure D, presence in the press and ability to create turnovers will be missed. His man D is good but not great and I think Joseph and Cobbs can fit the bill there.

What I am concerned about is Joseph and/or Westbrook playing 1 on 5 and trying to do too much. Especially Joseph. Cobbs will play with the team. If that happens, I hope Tubby has the hook ready.

Combs? Maybe we could have Hannity and Colmbs in the back court?

You must mean Cobbs....Not a big deal I know what you ment

Mark my words, this team may be better without Al. Great defender, but poor Al can't throw it in Lake Minnetonka. The line on the MSU game did not even change when Al was ruled inelgible. We'll be better in the long run w/ Combs getting plenty of minutes.

The biggest thing we miss without Al is his pressure on the ball - this is the first ingredient to our trapping that gets us a lot of turnovers. We are also quickly becoming short on players. Hopefully today the team can use the adversity as a spark in a big game as several teams have done in the past.

BETTER ???

Better without one of the best defensive guards in the conference?

Better without a guard who is shooting 39% from the 3 line and 72% from the foul line?

Better without a guard averaging 4.6 assists and 1.6 turnovers ?

SWEET JEEBUS. I don't think so.

Top Bottom