No Red Panda!

Rick Mons

The former MN Snowman
Reaction score
In today's e-mail announcing Tubby's Tip-off is the schedule of half-time ... and Red Panda is not included. GopherLady et. al. will be glad to see that Quick Change is ... word has it that it becomes a three-some at the end. ... :p

Here's the line-up:
Old Dutch Little Chippers
Monday, November 16 vs. Stephen F. Austin
Tuesday, December 8 vs. Morgan State
Saturday, December 12 vs. St. Joseph's University
Tuesday, December 15 vs. Northern Illinois

Premier Dance Team
Thursday, November 19 vs. Utah Valley University

U Can Danz
Saturday, December 5 vs. Brown

University of Minnesota Spirit Squad
Wednesday, December 23 vs. South Dakota State

1989-90 Elite 8 Team - 20th Anniversary Celebration
Tuesday, December 29 vs. Penn State

Gopher Dance Team
Saturday, January 9 vs. Ohio State

Alumni Day
Saturday, January 23 vs. Michigan State

Alexandria Aces
Thursday, February 11 vs. Michigan

Quick Change
Wednesday, February 24 vs. Purdue

Fargo-Moorhead Acro Team
Thursday, February 18 or Sunday, March 7

Mascot Game
Thursday, February 18 or Sunday, March 7​
I could do without the Mascot Game ... would rather have the running/jumping dogs instead.

Rick,

You've already put a damper on the season. ;)

No Red Panda is a bummer. She rocks as a halftime act.

I remember hearing/reading somewhere that Red Panda and Quick Change alternate from year to year.

I'm happy: My favorites are 1) Fargo-Moorhead Acro Team, 2) Quick Change and 3) Red Panda.

What about Camera Girl?

I remember going to see Monson's Goph's play the Wildcats a few years ago. The game was so boring that the whole section I was in was talking more about the camera girl than the game. Then half-time came and Red Panda got a bigger ovation than the team ever did that year.

Thank God for Tubby.

I miss Camera Girl. Other than the Clemson debacle, she's about the last thing I associate with the Monson era.

However, there is an attractive Minneapolis police officer that stands near my section that has picked up the slack for Camera Girl just fine, thank you.

I actually like the mascot game. Maybe not as much as the dogs, but I'd be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice and eliminate one of the dance exhibitions--or whatever it is they plan to do on "ALumni Day".

20th anniversary of the elite 8 team. They're mostly in their 40's now. Doesn't seem possible--they'll always be college students to me. Forever Young.

The Purdue game (Quick Change) has just become my must-see game of the year.

There were games in the Monson era when Red Panda was the most talented person on the Williams Arena court.

There were games in the Monson era when Red Panda was the most talented person on the Williams Arena court.

She certainly had the fewest turnovers.

Quick Change is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. How does she change into so many dresses?????

I always feel with the dogs, Quick Change, and Red Panda that I haven't totally wasted one ticket by taking my wife to the game.

Top Bottom