No call

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
RS literally got hammered from behind/over the back on the last rebound. He should have been at the line with likely 1 second left. The refs let anything go at the end unless its blatant which this one was.

I hate it when we play so well and loose it at the end.

Weak whining. That was a very legitimate loss. That kind of call doesn't get made with 1 second left.

That was the best reffed game I've seen in years.

Shuuuuuut up.

Skoal, you are exactly right. These refs did a good job of calling the game. They let them play. Lets not make excuses like this and blame the refs for poor execution on our part!

replay

on the replay it looked like the RSIII contact was after the clock expired...

hard to believe westy didnt get some contact on the shot though... and I noticed Devoe in the corner wide open.

oh well. just another heartbreaker.

:cry:

This team needs to learn to:
-Rebound
-Run a half court offense effectively
-Finish shots

If you cannot do these things well, you do not win games in the Big Ten. It is that simple. You either step up and do it or you don't.

The refs were not the problem. It was our piss-pour offensive and defensive execution in the last 2-3 minutes.

You are almost never going to get a bail out call at the end of a game. Westbrook should have known that 3 defenders would immediately collapse. Which means two other players were open. It is his responsibility to find the open shooter.

I would much rather lose a game on good missed shot instead of a poor prayer of a shot.

You are almost never going to get a bail out call at the end of a game. Westbrook should have known that 3 defenders would immediately collapse. Which means two other players were open. It is his responsibility to find the open shooter.

I would much rather lose a game on good missed shot instead of a poor prayer of a shot.

Well considering that's two games in a row that the Gophers waited for a last-second shot, when everyone knows that when behind, you don't wait for a last-second shot, then you have a point. Hoff and Joseph both gave up makeable long shots with about 10-14 seconds left; it's obvious that they both got gun-shy. Fine, then put Cobbs in if no one wants to shoot. Better to miss early and foul to give yourself a chance than to ask for the refs to bail you out if you're playing against an undefeated, ranked team.

Well considering that's two games in a row that the Gophers waited for a last-second shot, when everyone knows that when behind, you don't wait for a last-second shot, then you have a point. Hoff and Joseph both gave up makeable long shots with about 10-14 seconds left; it's obvious that they both got gun-shy. Fine, then put Cobbs in if no one wants to shoot. Better to miss early and foul to give yourself a chance than to ask for the refs to bail you out if you're playing against an undefeated, ranked team.

Couldn't agree more. It drives me crazy when teams do this. If you miss and foul then you have another shot to tie the game with one shot.

Darn refs

Jesse Ventura is going to travel with the Gophers next time they are on the road. He is doing a special on the Conspiracy Theory regarding the predjudice against the Gophers..

I swear the refs when they threw the ball up for the opening jump it favored Mich ST!! LOL!

This is good humor though the crying is comical

Any chance they were running a set play and just didn't execute it properly? From where I was sitting I couldn't see or hear what Tubby was saying.

Just watched the CBS review of the game. They were marveling at all the contact in the last 15seconds with no call "at home no less!"

Tubby's offense is not great

That simple.

And the D - leaving open 3's all game?

That simple.

And the D - leaving open 3's all game?

This is true. The deep corner 3's were open every time the ball was passed to the weak side, and Sparty cashed in every time. We just don't have enough long players like Johnson to defend the outside.

For most of the game we rebounded better than I expected us to. But MS got two big offensive rebounds with several minutes left and that cost us the game as much as anything. Morgan might have gotten both of them and one ended up a three point play. If I remember right, we had him outnumbered both times, but he just went and got it.

Top Bottom