Night game for Nebraska!!

Please God, no

How bad would this be for you?

Do you or a loved on get physically ill?

Is there an associated pain to your eyes or other body part?

Do you feel emotional trauma possibly related to words others say to you when they wear anthracite?

Wont be either. look for tradition.

I feel like they will go traditional against Illinois for homecoming. Maroon-maroon-gold or maybe all maroon. But I think with Nebraska being red, full banana or at least maroon-gold-gold makes a lot of sense.

Should be packed!

Man, if we beat Illinois, I'm thinking the Nebraska game will be the third highest attended/best atmosphere in TCF history behind only the Air Force and TCU games.

I would throw the Michigan game on Halloween in this mix.

I moved from Minneapolis to Atlanta in 2005 and am flying up for the Nebraska game. It will be my son’s first Gopher game and my first since 2003. Yes. That game in 2003. The one I shall not name. I really hope we take care of business against Illinois. The night game against Nebraska would have a killer atmosphere. Can’t wait to be back on campus!

I would throw the Michigan game on Halloween in this mix.

I was at all 3 of those games and there were definitely a lot more open seats at the Michigan game compared to the Air Force and TCU games. Those are the only two games in TCF's history where it felt like every single seat in the entire stadium was occupied. While the Michigan game, as well as the MSU holloween game and all of the Iowa and Wisconsin games and USC and Cal games all had much better attendance than what we are used to, it definitely wasn't 100% full like it felt it was for the TCU and Air Force games.

If we are 5-0 and 2-0 in conference going into this game, I would expect it to be better attended than any of those games with the exception of the Air Force and TCU games. We were only 4-3 and 1-2 in the Big ten including a 27-0 loss to Northwestern heading into the Michigan game.

Should be packed!

Man, if we beat Illinois, I'm thinking the Nebraska game will be the third highest attended/best atmosphere in TCF history behind only the Air Force and TCU games.

Yes and that would be really exciting if 40% were not from Nebraska.

Do you still think after Saturday's national embarrassment that it will be 40% Nebraska fans? What about if they lose to Northwestern this week?

I'd guess that the prices on Stubhub will be dropping quite a bit on all those tix they scooped up.

I don't think the Nebraska contingent will be too bad with how their season has gone so far. Worse than it is for other teams but not as bad as it's been in the past.

I moved from Minneapolis to Atlanta in 2005 and am flying up for the Nebraska game. It will be my son’s first Gopher game and my first since 2003. Yes. That game in 2003. The one I shall not name. I really hope we take care of business against Illinois. The night game against Nebraska would have a killer atmosphere. Can’t wait to be back on campus!

Really hope you and your son get to see a Gopher win!

Not true anymore, last I checked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a sarcastic comeback post to highwayman unequivocally stating and chiding someone in a post who had suggested one of these future games might be a night game.

6:30 kick on 10-12. Awesome news
Ugh. Will be on a plane. Wonder if it will have that channel... Whatever channel it ends up being.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

If the Twins make it past the Yankees Game 1 of the ALCS would be that day.

Much of this changed in 2017 when Fox came on board. Here is an article summary discussing changes

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/10/explaining_big_ten_night_games.html

It is pretty rare to get flexed, but take it as a compliment. I would be shocked if Maryland gets flexed. Also I believe the Big 10 is still pretty down on Night Games after Nov 1st. So enjoy this game, lets pack the bank and keep this run going. Have to take care of business 1st against IL. Need to sell out the next 4 games, the 5th will take care of itself!

Interesting read. As for night games themselves, I am all for them (through October).

I remain steadfast that it could have been announced back in August or earlier, at least sometime sooner than 12 days in advance. Has anything of huge significance really happened in Wks 1-5 that impacted the unannounced times for the 4 Big 10 games that times were TBA?

I chuckled at Urban Meyer being totally on-board with home night games, but not on the road as it put them at a disadvantage for the next week. Uh...how did he think the teams coming to the Shoe would feel?

I’m man enough to admit I was wrong and glad about the change. Only one other poster actually knew about the policy change and was able to verify, so I’m tied for second on this matter! :clap:

Go Gophers!

For all of you who live near Minneapolis, please keep the Nebraska fans from taking over the stadium.

Really hope you and your son get to see a Gopher win!

Thanks, RM. A good atmosphere and a win and we will have another Gopher fan for life (if he’s not already). Which would be saying something as living in Georgia college football simply does not exist outside of the SEC.

It was a sarcastic comeback post to highwayman unequivocally stating and chiding someone in a post who had suggested one of these future games might be a night game.

Oh I gotcha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For all of you who live near Minneapolis, please keep the Nebraska fans from taking over the stadium.

Probably too late for that. Nebraska fans travel unbelievably well. This is a good time of year to visit the Twin Cities and I doubt any fans who regularly travel to games will turn around because the team is faltering. They aren't close to giving up on Frost as the second coming, that might happen if they really falter again this year, but at the time tickets went on sale Nebraska was getting all kinds of love from the National Media, guessing they snapped up lots of tickets.

Have two extended family Huskers coming up from Lincoln for the game. They secured tickets through a secondary market site and will be on the Home Side for the game.

This will be their third visit to TCF. They've seen winning and losing to the Gophers in both Lincoln and TCF. They really don't take the losing very well.

Looking forward to the game, visit, and tailgate. Also fully expect a chunk of mid-to-upper Section 211 to be very red for that game. Hopefully the Gophers' performance on the field will keep them quiet.

Last edited:

We have a pretty healthy Husker fan base right here in the Twin Cities.
These are people who went to Nebraska and decided to not become agronomy majors.

CLOSE THE BORDER!!

82c.png

Top Bottom