Night game for Nebraska!!

HopHead

rank lieutenant
This is great news for the program and a majority of fans. Unfortunately, I'm one of the few that got stung by this time slot. I have a kid commitment that evening and only an 11:00 or 2:30 start was going to work for me. The good news is I may still be able to participate in the tailgating and just miss the game so it's not a total loss.

Have fun everyone. It should be an absolutely awesome atmosphere if the Gophers can take care of business this Saturday.

Ope3

This is great news for the program and a majority of fans. Unfortunately, I'm one of the few that got stung by this time slot. I have a kid commitment that evening and only an 11:00 or 2:30 start was going to work for me. The good news is I may still be able to participate in the tailgating and just miss the game so it's not a total loss.

Have fun everyone. It should be an absolutely awesome atmosphere if the Gophers can take care of business this Saturday.
It works out for me and the friend I am taking to this game, but does it mean we have to block out a time frame of 10am - 11pm for the remaining unannounced games (Maryland, Penn St & Wisconsin)?

Bad enough that one needs to block out 10am - 7pm and then only get 6-12 days notice ahead of time. TV pays the bills, but it stinks. Thanks Jim D!

NNerland

Much of this changed in 2017 when Fox came on board. Here is an article summary discussing changes

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/10/explaining_big_ten_night_games.html

It is pretty rare to get flexed, but take it as a compliment. I would be shocked if Maryland gets flexed. Also I believe the Big 10 is still pretty down on Night Games after Nov 1st. So enjoy this game, lets pack the bank and keep this run going. Have to take care of business 1st against IL. Need to sell out the next 4 games, the 5th will take care of itself!

WriterGoph

Much of this changed in 2017 when Fox came on board. Here is an article summary discussing changes

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/10/explaining_big_ten_night_games.html

It is pretty rare to get flexed, but take it as a compliment. I would be shocked if Maryland gets flexed. Also I believe the Big 10 is still pretty down on Night Games after Nov 1st. So enjoy this game, lets pack the bank and keep this run going. Have to take care of business 1st against IL. Need to sell out the next 4 games, the 5th will take care of itself!
Agreed. I would be shocked if the Wisconsin game is anything but a 2:30pm start. Michigan-OSU is always at 11am and I highly doubt they would make it a night game that late in the year.

GopherBulldog

I moved from Minneapolis to Atlanta in 2005 and am flying up for the Nebraska game. It will be my son’s first Gopher game and my first since 2003. Yes. That game in 2003. The one I shall not name. I really hope we take care of business against Illinois. The night game against Nebraska would have a killer atmosphere. Can’t wait to be back on campus!

die hard gopher

I would throw the Michigan game on Halloween in this mix.
I was at all 3 of those games and there were definitely a lot more open seats at the Michigan game compared to the Air Force and TCU games. Those are the only two games in TCF's history where it felt like every single seat in the entire stadium was occupied. While the Michigan game, as well as the MSU holloween game and all of the Iowa and Wisconsin games and USC and Cal games all had much better attendance than what we are used to, it definitely wasn't 100% full like it felt it was for the TCU and Air Force games.

If we are 5-0 and 2-0 in conference going into this game, I would expect it to be better attended than any of those games with the exception of the Air Force and TCU games. We were only 4-3 and 1-2 in the Big ten including a 27-0 loss to Northwestern heading into the Michigan game.

WriterGoph

Yes and that would be really exciting if 40% were not from Nebraska.
Do you still think after Saturday's national embarrassment that it will be 40% Nebraska fans? What about if they lose to Northwestern this week?

I'd guess that the prices on Stubhub will be dropping quite a bit on all those tix they scooped up.

Latest profile posts