nice update on Lipscomb

bankonit

Banned
Reaction score
Nice catch-up piece on Hasan Lipscomb just posted. Glad to hear he is still planning on being a Gopher and that he is still so positive. I loved this kid the day he gave his verbal and I think when he gets here he will be better than Huff any ways. Glad to read your interview Hasan and best of luck to you. Stay positive!

Thank you nadine!! I like this kid too. I really hope he can get here. It's interesting that he can still show up yet by next year. And if he gets a medical I think he's still got five years for four. Although for some reason it seems to me I recall that no matter what he can only get three years at most if he goes to JUCO first. But I may be confusing DII stuff.

Thank you nadine!! I like this kid too. I really hope he can get here. It's interesting that he can still show up yet by next year. And if he gets a medical I think he's still got five years for four. Although for some reason it seems to me I recall that no matter what he can only get three years at most if he goes to JUCO first. But I may be confusing DII stuff.

You're welcome! Like with any recruit, I'd double check rules for transferring and what not, they're just so excited to play - and that seemed to be his focus.

I spoke with him a bit ago, but figured GopherNation could use some good news about the running back spot (even though it may be a ways out) today.

You guys should give a shout out to Schnoodler, who actually got me in touch with Lipscomb. If any of you have ideas for stories or kids you think GH should contact, please pass them on. We are all pretty busy - but we'll eventually get to the ones we think are good interviews.

Good to hear, especially after losing a rb recruit.

I really hope this kid can get his grades up, I always thought of him as a much better prospect than Huff. I don't really think it offsets the loss of Huff (just like everyone else here), but it would be really nice to have this kid in Maroon and Gold.

Nice to hear he's still committed to the U, I'd love to see him in TCF.

I was excited to have his committment last year and I sort of wrote him off after he didnt qualify. I really hope to see him in Maroon and Gold. We certainly could use the help in the backfield.

Just an honest question: Isn't it an NCAA recruiting violation for fans to contact potential recruits to influence where they may attend college? I didn't read the interview, but obviously it is ok for Media types to interview a kid about his recruitment, but is it ok for a Fan to contact and pitch a school at him?

Interesting that he is red shirting this year so that he will have three's of eligibility at DIV I level. Shows that he knows what he wants and is looking past today and planning for the future.

Nice catch-up piece on Hasan Lipscomb just posted. Glad to hear he is still planning on being a Gopher and that he is still so positive. I loved this kid the day he gave his verbal and I think when he gets here he will be better than Huff any ways. Glad to read your interview Hasan and best of luck to you. Stay positive!

+1, Study hard Hasan, we need you to qualify next year! :clap:

Top Bottom