Nice Season for Minnesota Gophers

MspHawk

Reaction score
Congratulations to all the gophers out there. Good to see Minnesota making some strides, Kill is the real deal. I remember a couple years ago commenting here about the race between Minnesota football and Iowa basketball making it to a point of being competitive week in and week out. Probably too close to call at this point. Anyway, enjoy your bowl game and hats off to gopher nation. Glad Iowa played Minnesota when they did this year, might have been a different turn out had Iowa played against the momentum put forth in the 2nd half of the season. Peace.

Thanks Hawk Man. The Hawkeyes had a really nice season as well. Here's to a good rivalry in the future!

Thanks Hawk Man. The Hawkeyes had a really nice season as well. Here's to a good rivalry in the future!

Long time lurker. You guys have a great board and provide good info for outside fans. Would echo the sentiment above. Kill reminds me of Ferentz in that he builds with a good defense and strong running game. Should be some good games in the future between teams with similar styles. I do like that the MN QB's are also good with running skills. Good luck in your bowl game.

A rational Hawkeye fan. " Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus "

Thank you to the two Hawks fans here.
Ruppert most Hawks fans are reasonable, Scnonnie fans not so much, a lot of them are A-holes and relish in that fact of some kind of Superiority complex(because of football and basketball) even if they didn't atttend UW.

It is Panthertweeter(stalker) and a few drunk louts that live here more often than not, that taint those guys reputation.
Almost every Hawks fan I encountered at this years game were reasonable knowledegeable football fans(a lot knew our players and coaches names even) even the Hawks fans from Eden Prairie and Apple Valley and they didn't yell and curse at us as we were leaving our own stadium like the Skunks.
It's a rivalry yes and we want to beat them, and them us, but other than that they treat us fairly decent when we go to Iowa city so I don't have a lot bad to say about them. Congrats to the Hawks as well.

Congratulations to all the gophers out there. Good to see Minnesota making some strides, Kill is the real deal. I remember a couple years ago commenting here about the race between Minnesota football and Iowa basketball making it to a point of being competitive week in and week out. Probably too close to call at this point. Anyway, enjoy your bowl game and hats off to gopher nation. Glad Iowa played Minnesota when they did this year, might have been a different turn out had Iowa played against the momentum put forth in the 2nd half of the season. Peace.

Thanks MspHawk. When we played you I thought Iowa was mediocre(compared to other recent Iowa teams) at best. I also thought my Gophers wouldn't win another game. Well obviously I was wrong about both teams. Iowa and Minnesota are both just a couple/ few play makers away from being dominant(Iowa) and very, very good(Minnesota) Good luck in your bowl game.

Top Bottom