Next Year

station19

Reaction score
Sid and Mike Max, on the Sports Huddle, just said with next year's recruiting class the Gophers could be Big Ten Champs next year. Sounds good to me.

I really believe we will have the talent to do so.

Royce is college ready right now. I think he could come in and start right away.

Rodney is a freak athlete. He will provide a ton of athleticism and excitement. Can't wait to see some Nolen to Rodney alley-oops.

It is going to be a battle for PT between a lot of very talented players. Certainly not a bad thing for us....:)

It's certainly possible but there will be a lot of competition. The Big Ten is getting stronger and stronger, from top to bottom.

Remember they (W & W) will be freshman, except for TM who I expect to get many minutes from the get go.

Not to beat a dead horse, but remember how Devron Bostick was going to lead the team in scoring this year? Caution needs to be in abundant supply. Mbakwe hasn't even proved himself at this level.

First off while I respect Sid's career I don't think his opinion is any more accurate than mine. Second, Mike Max is an idiot.

That said, they may be right. This year this could be a top 4 team in conference. Next year we get everyone of importance back and add real talent.

PG - Nolen will be even better, Joseph will have improved and should be a solid backup combo guard, and Cobbs will help with depth and will have the luxury of not being forced into action.
position improved

SG - Blake/Westbrook/Joseph/ Bostick will all be back. Blake will be blake, Westbrook may have some room to improve as well. Bostick should be much better as he's had a year to adjust. Joseph should be starting to come into his own and may end up as the starter. Great depth here
Position slightly improved

SF - Johnson/Carter/Williams. This is an extremely athletic position for us. Johnson wil be All B10 and an NBA prospect IMO. Carter I haven't seen much of but he sounds talented. Williams will play but I think he'll have to be an energy guy until he improves his handle and J. Still there is a ton of talent here
Position much improved

PF - RSIII/White/Mbakwe. How do all these guys get minutes? RSIII should be much improved but I actually see him moving to backup C. Mbakwe will provide great athleticism and defense, White will provide scoring. I think Mbakwe is the starter though
Position greatly improved

C - Colt-45/ RSIII. I think CI is an All B10 talent but maybe not next year. Still he should be very solid at least. I see RSIII eventually backing him up.

We will be able to have one of the most athletic teams in the conference next year. Who can match the speed, size, rebounding and strength of this 'small' lineup?
Nolen
Joseph
Williams
Johnson
Mbakwe

Better still...who matches our big line up:

Joseph
Hoffarber (or Williams)
DJ (or Carter)
Mbakwe (or RSIII or DJ)
Colt 45 (or RSIII)

Our big line ups are more athletic than most teams' small line up.

Not only will we create incredible match up problems for most teams, we will also be deep enough to pressure the ball for an entire game without getting wore down.

I believe the team next year, if DJ or Carter or Williams can emerge as a legit scorer, will be as good as any in the country.

I believe we are a NCAA team this year and a legit top 10 team next year. Final four in 2010 baby!!!!!

Oh my

/snip/ Lots and lots of names...
Hmmm. Did you retire Busch?

Folks counted him out at the beginning of this year, yet he keeps pluggin' away. I'm pretty confident he will be on the court next year as well.

Spokesman for the Mounds View Cabal©

Thanks, MNSnowman for remembering Busch. He is the player that every coach wants to have - will do anything that is asked at full steam. I love the way he draws over-the-back-fouls on big men who think he's too short. What an asset!

Top Bottom