New #Hoosiers HC Curt Cignetti: “Purdue sucks…so does Michigan and Ohio State” 😳👀

I like it. If we're going full on haves vs have nots, the conference could benefit from some old school Attitude Era WWF style personalities among the have nots. It's more entertaining that way. I hope the dude has an IDGAF swagger.
So which WWE personality does PJ exude? Kurt Angle?

This guy (Cignetti) is a bit like a college football equivalent of Bo Ryan mixed with a little Larry Brown. Like Ryan, his first head coaching job at a power conference school comes at an advanced age (62) but he was an assistant at a number of programs (including Alabama under Saban) and a very accomplished head coach at lower levels (74-20; 78.7%). He specialized in elevating moribund programs (a bit like Larry Brown in the NBA).

I'd say that Indiana probably made one of the best hires they could have but this might be the greatest challenge of his coaching career. The last Indiana football head coach to produce three or more winning seasons was Bill Mallory who coached them from 1984 through 1996 (he had 6 winning seasons in 13 years).

Stone Cold for sure

GsShte.gif

Really interesting IU hired a 62 year old coach. He will either be really good in the next 4 years or be retired in 4 years. May as well talk a big game.

Really interesting IU hired a 62 year old coach. He will either be really good in the next 4 years or be retired in 4 years. May as well talk a big game.

Honestly, would be incredible for a coach with FU money and stature to say whatever pops into their head without filters ( maybe not everything). Take the fines, whatever.

Top Bottom