New Gopher Sports Show Debuts Today on MSBN!

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
After years of listening to folks on this board complain and rant about the lack of Gopher sports coverage, I decided this year to begin broadcasting a new weekly Gopher sports related show on the Minnesota Sports Broadcast Network. It is called "The Gopher Scoop", and it will primarily focus on Gopher football in the fall, and Gopher mens' basketball and hockey in the winter, though it will touch on other sports at times as well.

The show, as of right now, will air on Friday afternoons at 1:00 pm, including this afternoon, and then will air as the pregame show of MSBN's football coverage at approximately 6:00 pm, but that could change. I would love for some folks to listen with an open mind today, and then give me input as to what you'd like to hear in future shows. This first show is just myself, but in the future I'd like to add either a regular co-host or guest co-hosts. Also, the format is totally negotiable. As of right now, it is 30 minutes long, but with a plan of expansion to an hour, especially in the winter.

Again, I'd love to hear your input, so please listen in today and send me your thoughts! Here are the particulars:

Listen to the broadcast by clicking on this link:

Listen HERE to The Gopher Scoop with Nick Walsh

Or going to MSBN's website at:

[U]www.MnSportsNetwork.com[/U]

Thanks everyone, and hopefully this is the first edition of a great show that hopefully you will have an input in creating! I'm very excited, and can't wait to hear some suggestions from you!

My guess is that you are a year too late in acting on this. With cco losing both Gopher fball and hoops, it has created a fight between kfan and kstp With a ton of new Gopher radio coverage. Obviously the more the better but a year ago you would have had a lot less competition and a better chance at carving your niche. Good luck, I will try to tune in.

MSBN does good work. I listen/watch a lot of football and wrestling on there. I look forward to the show!

My guess is that you are a year too late in acting on this. With cco losing both Gopher fball and hoops, it has created a fight between kfan and kstp With a ton of new Gopher radio coverage. Obviously the more the better but a year ago you would have had a lot less competition and a better chance at carving your niche. Good luck, I will try to tune in.

Maybe, but with the exception of the coach's weekly shows, I have yet to see either station dedicate any specific programming to the Gophers, which this is. You might be right, but I'm willing to give it a shot, regardless. It'll be a lot of fun, more than anything.

MSBN does good work. I listen/watch a lot of football and wrestling on there. I look forward to the show!

Thanks for the plug! Chris Monter and I will be at Eagan-Lakeville South tonight, so if you want to watch Mitch Leidner play, hop on and watch!

Thanks for the plug! Chris Monter and I will be at Eagan-Lakeville South tonight, so if you want to watch Mitch Leidner play, hop on and watch!
That's the plan. I like to scout the future Gophers from MN by watching them on MSBN when possible.

Nice!! I didn't know about this network until now! I'll be sure to tune in when I can!

Top Bottom