New additions to FB Staff

These staff's are massive now-a-days. Mason said in an interview that staff sizes are more 50% larger than when he coached.

Go Gophers!!

So we’re calling the bagman “Director of Recruiting Management” now and doing a press release for it instead of shady meetings at a Waffle House, Country Kitchen, or Perkins as regionally appropriate.

Seems like progress?

So we’re calling the bagman “Director of Recruiting Management” now and doing a press release for it instead of shady meetings at a Waffle House, Country Kitchen, or Perkins as regionally appropriate.

Seems like progress?

NIL has brought out into the open what some schools used tabula rosa to get recruits.
So NIL is a good thing in that it does level the playing field.
All teams have the same opportunity to fund their NIL.
Some here seem to think it is corrupt and fear it.

These staff's are massive now-a-days. Mason said in an interview that staff sizes are more 50% larger than when he coached.

Go Gophers!!
College Football. One of the only industries I can think of where revenues have gone up a ton and created resources for many new jobs -- but the customer base is flat or shrinking.

A lot of support staff jobs and swelling coaching paychecks have BTN and broadcast networks' desperation for live sports to thank.

"If we put all the games on TV for free then nobody will buy tickets and we'll all go broke" (and a lot of people used to believe this) is perhaps the worst take in the history of sports.

Go Gophers!!
NFL staffs used to be huge while college staffs were very limited. Now college staffs are gigantic as well. I am blown away when I go to coaching staff pages and I see all the positions listed that didn't exist 10-15 years ago.

NFL staffs used to be huge while college staffs were very limited. Now college staffs are gigantic as well. I am blown away when I go to coaching staff pages and I see all the positions listed that didn't exist 10-15 years ago.
Assistant to the Traveling Secretary

Koehler is an interesting hire. I love having a longtime MAC coordinator as an analyst when we've got a first time coordinator (btw Ryan Burns is thinking it will be Harbaugh calling the plays) in the job. That said, some of his offenses at Miami have been UGLY in terms of metrics.

NIL has brought out into the open what some schools used tabula rosa to get recruits.
So NIL is a good thing in that it does level the playing field.
All teams have the same opportunity to fund their NIL.
Some here seem to think it is corrupt and fear it.
Well considering it was never supposed to be a recruiting tool, yeah it is corrupt.

Koehler is an interesting hire. I love having a longtime MAC coordinator as an analyst when we've got a first time coordinator (btw Ryan Burns is thinking it will be Harbaugh calling the plays) in the job. That said, some of his offenses at Miami have been UGLY in terms of metrics.
I heard him say this on the podcast, stating that Harbaugh is always in the booth with Ciarrocca and Simon has always been a sideline guy. He's also the QB coach.

I heard him say this on the podcast, stating that Harbaugh is always in the booth with Ciarrocca and Simon has always been a sideline guy. He's also the QB coach.
Where was Simon for the Auburn bowl game?

You know, that one where it was the most significant bowl win for Gophers football in how many decades?

Every time I see a thread like this I’m blown away by how much work it must be to manage a program. Coaches, trainers, equipment, recruiting, scheduling, media. Much of it turning over every year when many tasks and people reset and repeat. I haven’t even mentioned the actual coaching and those issues.

It has to be a hectic place - always. It also explains why some coaches recruit well but never develop anything substantial.

(btw Ryan Burns is thinking it will be Harbaugh calling the plays) in the job.
Sounds like a flimsy thing based on nothing that is probably clickbait.
I heard him say this on the podcast, stating that Harbaugh is always in the booth with Ciarrocca and Simon has always been a sideline guy. He's also the QB coach.\
I also heard this comment and the explanation for it. My take was that Fleck has stated that he prefers that his OC also be the QB coach and that he has had the OC/QB coach call the plays. That OC/QB coach has been in the booth rather than on the sideline. If those patterns hold, that suggests that Harbaugh (QB coach who has mostly worked from the booth) would most likely be the one to call the plays rather than Simon (WR coach who has worked mostly from the sideline).

I didn't take it as Burns reporting that he's been told that by anyone, just that it's what history suggests. Fleck could just as easily ask Harbaugh to coach the QBs from the sideline and move Simon up to the booth to call plays or let Simon call the plays from the sideline. We just don't know yet.

I also heard this comment and the explanation for it. My take was that Fleck has stated that he prefers that his OC also be the QB coach and that he has had the OC/QB coach call the plays. That OC/QB coach has been in the booth rather than on the sideline. If those patterns hold, that suggests that Harbaugh (QB coach who has mostly worked from the booth) would most likely be the one to call the plays rather than Simon (WR coach who has worked mostly from the sideline).

I didn't take it as Burns reporting that he's been told that by anyone, just that it's what history suggests. Fleck could just as easily ask Harbaugh to coach the QBs from the sideline and move Simon up to the booth to call plays or let Simon call the plays from the sideline. We just don't know yet.
Fair enough, thank you.

I heard about this guy who calls plays from the sideline, Andy Reid. He has done OK. So it must be possible to do.

You just can't admit that maybe your mancrush isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread can you?

I will go with Fleck on this if it is indeed true.

I will go with Fleck on this
So will everyone, myself included. What choice is there?

We haven't the slightest clue what the actual truth of it is, though. Burns was just throwing out speculation.

Top Bottom