Nebraska's USC transfer RB out with surgery; just two RBs healthy

swingman

Reaction score
Nebraska's running back room has already taken a hit to its depth this spring and on Wednesday featured only two scholarship backs available at practice.
Coach Scott Frost announced after his team's fifth spring session that USC transfer running back Markese Stepp would miss all of spring following a recent surgery, but said he should be cleared for some activity this summer and fully ready to go this fall.
“He’ll be back this summer," Frost said, adding that Stepp arrived on campus with a preexisting injury. "It’s something that he didn’t know about, we didn’t know about when he came in and we think it's in his best interest to get it fixed to give him the best chance to be at his best.”

Also from that link:

Out for the spring includes senior defensive lineman Ben Stille, who had a procedure done before spring ball started, and freshman defensive back Marques Buford Jr.

Inside linebackers coach Barrett Ruud also said that sixth-year senior Will Honas is recovering from offseason groin surgery to fix an ailment that bothered him throughout last season. Honas will be a limited participant all spring as he gets back to full health.

Junior wide receiver Omar Manning was at practice but not in pads and a few others were not seen at Wednesday's practice, including senior outside linebacker JoJo Domann and sophomore cornerback Braxton Clark.

NE was using a QB and WR as tail backs last season.
Both left to go where they could play their preferred position.

Out with an injury or out by having probation revoked. Either way... Husker players that won't see the field.

The healthy players just transfer.

Frost should get a lifetime contract.

With Fleck, Brohm (yeah I know, but still), and now Bert ... in addition to stalwarts Ferentz, Chryst, and Fitz ..... this division alone is one of the toughest in college football, let alone the East.

Frost was in over his head from the git-go, and is sinking deeper. He merely out-talented the other teams at UCF. He has no idea what he is doing in Lincoln.

I duno, Frost was at least successful as a HC for a while before going to Nebraska....

I hold no ill will towards Tim but his HC resume is just MN, and that's a cold chili resume just as a HC.
It was intended to be a little bit of a sarcastic comment. But, I'm not sure I would take Frost over Brew if I was a P5 AD looking for a coach right now.

Top Bottom