Nebraska starting QB hobbles off the field with injury.

Four star 6-9, 295lb lineman from Lakeville North. Only the 12th true freshman o-lineman in Husker history to play in a game.

Interesting stat but I think you’ll see more and more of it because of the redshirt rule.

Vedral tells reporters he took the first unit snaps today. Says Martinez is day-to-day.

The latest edition...

“Nebraska’s backup quarterback, Noah Vedral, told reporters today that he took the first-team reps at practice.

That would suggest that Martinez is currently unavailable, at least when it comes to taking the majority of the practice reps.”

I recall that first big win over Nebraska in TCF Bank Stadium in 2013 when there was speculation over the playing status of another Husker QB named Martinez. He did play, but was not very effective and was knocked out of the game. I wonder if this current situation is such that it would almost be a benefit for the Gophers if Nebraska's star QB does play, and is gimpy on a bad wheel.

I recall that first big win over Nebraska in TCF Bank Stadium in 2013 when there was speculation over the playing status of another Husker QB named Martinez. He did play, but was not very effective and was knocked out of the game. I wonder if this current situation is such that it would almost be a benefit for the Gophers if Nebraska's star QB does play, and is gimpy on a bad wheel.

Possibly. Martinez is not playing with the confidence he showed last year, IMO.

They have a tendency in that situation to be a bit Gun-Shy. Sindelar (Purdue) was in the same situation and did not perform well even before being knocked out of the game. Matinez is a runner and a gimpy leg/ankle/knee can greatly affect performance.

Top Bottom