Nebraska starting QB hobbles off the field with injury.

Great Plains Gopher

The back-up QB came through with a perfectly thrown clutch pass of about 30 yards to set up the winning field goal with 3 seconds left. Nebraska will be tough, with or without Martinez, as Robinson, a freshman, is one of the league's best all-purpose players; Washington is one of two really good running backs and they have other receivers that are pretty good. Defense is improved over last year. They will be highly motivated, especially if the Gophers are ranked. Should be a terrific ball game, especially if the weather holds.

e.bigelow

I prefer a win. I don't care about additional qualifiers. Tough bananas if your team isn't deep enough to make up for your loss. Get more depth.
Agreed. I’d rather Martinez play as I don’t like seeing players hurt or wishing that for a win. Everyone deals with injuries though. It’s part of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Galt

Nobody ever apologizes or puts an asterisk on wins when we are hobbled. I hope he's ok but if not, let's go get that W.
Exactly. Did any of our opponents last year say the only reason they beat us was because we didn’t have Smith, Brooks and Winfield? Our fan base can be our worst enemy.

The back-up QB came through with a perfectly thrown clutch pass of about 30 yards to set up the winning field goal with 3 seconds left. Nebraska will be tough, with or without Martinez, as Robinson, a freshman, is one of the league's best all-purpose players; Washington is one of two really good running backs and they have other receivers that are pretty good. Defense is improved over last year. They will be highly motivated, especially if the Gophers are ranked. Should be a terrific ball game, especially if the weather holds.
It's too far in advance to know what the weather will do, but I'm seeing forecasts for weather in the 30s with some snow.

UpAndUnder43

It's too far in advance to know what the weather will do, but I'm seeing forecasts for weather in the 30s with some snow.
I’m IN an outdoor wedding...should be memorable. Might try to escape around 8 and get to a bar for the second half and some indoor heating.

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
The latest edition...

“Nebraska’s backup quarterback, Noah Vedral, told reporters today that he took the first-team reps at practice.

That would suggest that Martinez is currently unavailable, at least when it comes to taking the majority of the practice reps.”

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
I recall that first big win over Nebraska in TCF Bank Stadium in 2013 when there was speculation over the playing status of another Husker QB named Martinez. He did play, but was not very effective and was knocked out of the game. I wonder if this current situation is such that it would almost be a benefit for the Gophers if Nebraska's star QB does play, and is gimpy on a bad wheel.

I recall that first big win over Nebraska in TCF Bank Stadium in 2013 when there was speculation over the playing status of another Husker QB named Martinez. He did play, but was not very effective and was knocked out of the game. I wonder if this current situation is such that it would almost be a benefit for the Gophers if Nebraska's star QB does play, and is gimpy on a bad wheel.
Possibly. Martinez is not playing with the confidence he showed last year, IMO.

Rescooter

Section 243
They have a tendency in that situation to be a bit Gun-Shy. Sindelar (Purdue) was in the same situation and did not perform well even before being knocked out of the game. Matinez is a runner and a gimpy leg/ankle/knee can greatly affect performance.