NCAA Week 5 Predictions

upnorthkid

Reaction score
Well this one was perhaps the most difficult game to get running on simulation due to the injury bug on both teams. The Gophers enter this one at 4-0 in both real life and sims (let's hope it continues on this way!)

Here's how the teams break down (I think EA may desire to change their rankings a little)

Minnesota

Overall C+
Offense C
Defense C+

Iowa

Overall A-
Offense B+
Defense B+

Needless to say Iowa has the advantage here

Simulations:

Minn@Iowa
14-17 Iowa pounds the rock on the Gophers and comes away with a tight win on a late FG. Gophers offense plauged by 3 Ints and poor passing from Shortell (12-27, 134 yds, 1TD 3Ints)
21-7 JVB throws 4 Ints (2 to Stoudermire) as the Gophers defense dominates in this one. Iowa's ground attack never gets on track rushing for 111 yds on 42 carries. Kirkwood rushes for 96 yds and 2 TDs to pace the offense
24-21 Wettstein redemption! He hits the GW FG as time expires from 39 yds. Iowa uses a short field late in the game off a fumble to tie it up, but the Gophers respond as Shortell (18-26 212 yds, 1TD, 1Int) leads them down the field. Kirkwood also looks good rushing for 119 yds on 22 carries with 1 TD
10-7 This one was pretty ugly throughout. Shortell and JVB had an Int sack party as Shotell threw 3 ints and was sacked 5 times and JVB threw 2 Ints and was sacked 7, yes you read that right, times. Wilhite had a huge day with 2.5 sacks and 1 FF. Gophers defense bailed out the offense often as they were sputtering (offense only gained 227 yards)
27-31 I don't really know where this one came from. Both offenses were efficient, but the Gophers were plauged by missed FG's (Wettstein was 0-2 with a missed XP as well). Shortell threw for 294 yds and 3TDs but was outdone by the Iowa ground game (209 yds on 38 carries). A late rally fell short as the Gophers couldn't recover the onside kick.

Summary:
As expected these were all close, hard-fought games with solid defense and often sputtering offense. Yet the Gophers win and move to 5-0 by a score of 20.8-16.6.

Notes:
This sim was done with rosters manipulated to reflect the starters on both teams, namely Shortell for Gray and with Wiesman as the Iowa RB.

EA does not update their rosters for this game ever. I love NCAA and play it almost daily, but from here on out this simulations are going to get out of hand. Namely Wisc being a 99 overall as a team and Michigan being A+

EA does not update their rosters for this game ever. I love NCAA and play it almost daily, but from here on out this simulations are going to get out of hand. Namely Wisc being a 99 overall as a team and Michigan being A+

Another reason this game loses me is recruiting. Wisconsin pulls in a top 5 recruiting class every year in my dynasty which isn't realistic at all.

Another reason this game loses me is recruiting. Wisconsin pulls in a top 5 recruiting class every year in my dynasty which isn't realistic at all.

That's why they leave it open to the user to edit the rosters. Plenty of people online do it and share them in their EA locker.

that's why i noted that i edited the rosters. it didn't change their overall ratings but the rosters are updated. however i didn't auto adjust every player on the game. I will try to do a new updated roster after BIG play starts. once everyones playing even competition it should be a little easier

Top Bottom