NCAA Hopes Not Good, But A of Intrigue To Follow Rest of the Way

akgopher

Reaction score
It was just surreal and deflating in Williams today when the buzzer went off. I was speechless thinking about how we managed to let this one slip away and then thought of the implications of the loss and realizing it might have been the first nail in the coffin.

But as I was walking in the Pacific Northwest Rainforest-like winter weather, I thought man there's a lot to follow this year.
-We might have our first scoring option from the 5 in years developing in Sampson.
-It's Devoe's show we'll see if positions himself to inherit a lot of Westbrook's touches next year.
-There's the Cory Joseph saga still to play out and possibly another scholarship offer.

Lastly, I think UConn played in the NIT a year or two before it was in the title game. No doubt that this was the perfect storm- Mbwake, Royce, Nolen, Johnson struggling, and Westbrook doing his best Voshon Lenard senior season impression-becoming a black hole on the perimeter when he gets the ball and dribbles for 12 seconds and winds up throwing a hail-mary with a second on the clock and grimaces when somehow it doesn't go in.

I'm excited to see how things play out. If we open next year with Mbwake and Royce on the roster, we're back. If we can land Cory Joseph, we can make a run at the conference title.

ak

It was just surreal and deflating in Williams today when the buzzer went off. I was speechless thinking about how we managed to let this one slip away and then thought of the implications of the loss and realizing it might have been the first nail in the coffin.

But as I was walking in the Pacific Northwest Rainforest-like winter weather, I thought man there's a lot to follow this year.
-We might have our first scoring option from the 5 in years developing in Sampson.
-It's Devoe's show we'll see if positions himself to inherit a lot of Westbrook's touches next year.
-There's the Cory Joseph saga still to play out and possibly another scholarship offer.

Lastly, I think UConn played in the NIT a year or two before it was in the title game. No doubt that this was the perfect storm- Mbwake, Royce, Nolen, Johnson struggling, and Westbrook doing his best Voshon Lenard senior season impression-becoming a black hole on the perimeter when he gets the ball and dribbles for 12 seconds and winds up throwing a hail-mary with a second on the clock and grimaces when somehow it doesn't go in.

I'm excited to see how things play out. If we open next year with Mbwake and Royce on the roster, we're back. If we can land Cory Joseph, we can make a run at the conference title.

I am with you bro.

+1

I don't know why people are so quick to write us off. There's quite a bit of season to be played.

I don't know why people are so quick to write us off. There's quite a bit of season to be played.

Here's a little realism. This 3-4 team is going ot have to win 6 of it's next 7 to have a shot at the tournament (other than winning the BTT)

NW
@OSU
@PSU
Mich
@NW
Wisc
Indiana

Win 6 of 7 and now you are sitting 9-5.

However you then have:
Purdue
Ill
Mich

We'll be underdogs in all three.

let's say 9-8 or 10-7 (win an upset!)

Beat Iowa at home for 10-8 or 11-7.

11-7 is the minimum safe ride into the tourney with our resume. 10-8 would require a deep BTT run and a nerve racking Selection Sunday.

The whole deal is a tall order. Had we have won our last two games we would have been on extremely solid ground.

Good reality check!

We are one player away form being a contender! lets make the NIT something special

UConn played in NIT twice during 2000's but missed both NCAA and NIT 1 year.

Top Bottom