NCAA 2010 will NOT have TCF

Yeah, sales in Minnesota may head south.

I have the 2009 version (X360) and it's cool, but I don't have enough time to play it. I actually prefer to play with my other team PSU, because I kinda suck at 3-D football games (I absolutely rocked at 2-D Super Tecmo Bowl though!), and if I played with the Gophers I'd get rocked every game (until I improve enough). Also, Beaver Stadium is fun to play in.

The other thing that EA Sports needs to do is add more than one fight song for each school. Minnesota has at least 5, Penn State has at least 5; please add some variety (make them downloadable, at least?). Also, I didn't realize that they only did 70 stadiums, it's understandable that it might be a lot of work, but that was 2 years ago already. Time to update, and start adding the other 50 too.

Yeah, sales in Minnesota may head south.

I have the 2009 version (X360) and it's cool, but I don't have enough time to play it. I actually prefer to play with my other team PSU, because I kinda suck at 3-D football games (I absolutely rocked at 2-D Super Tecmo Bowl though!), and if I played with the Gophers I'd get rocked every game (until I improve enough). Also, Beaver is fun to play in.

I took the liberty of correcting your post. hope you dont' mind.

Boo! Unacceptable! Sigh, I was really, really looking forward to this game...I may still get it anyway, but since I'm going to pick up the 2011 version at this point...I may wait.

i still getting the game. they cannot put the stadium in, becuase it will not be done on time.

i still getting the game. they cannot put the stadium in, becuase it will not be done on time.

I don't see why they can't use renderings unless they would have to pay through the nose for the architect to let them use the files.

They better at least have the new unis.

I don't see why they can't use renderings unless they would have to pay through the nose for the architect to let them use the files.

They better at least have the new unis.

I've known about this for about 2 months now.

On the OperationSports website one of the guys who works on the game told a Minnesota fan that they have to include too much detail and need pictures and measurements of the actual stadium. Seeing as it would have had to been complete by the end of this month, there was no way it was going to appear in the game. The fan made the same point as you did, but the guy from EA just kept saying that there was no way they could include it.

Lame I know.

You have to be kidding me!

Use the damn renderings! What a huge blunder...

I'm so glad I didn't buy the one for last season so now I can wait to not buy the upcoming one this summer.

What a garbage situation!

Typical EA

Anything that requires work is beyond them. They did the 70 stadiums over two years ago, zero for last year, zero for this year. No plans to do the other 50, or the new ones for the "U" or Akron this year, or for Idaho for next. I mean, come on, we had to listen to "rah, rah, rah, for skee-U-Mah" for well over 10 years now.

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of MLB The Show on Tuesday, which has the new Yankees and Mets stadiums, despite the designers not seeing the final product. It's sad that EA couldn't do the same for TCF, but not surprising, since the PS2 version four years ago had all the D-1 stadiums plus bowl stadiums, something the "next generation" version has never done. The NCAA series has regressed, and I'll definitely be passing on 2010, as I have the last three years.

I do, however, look forward to Iowa fans creaming themselves over their simulated victory against Northern Iowa, amid questions wondering "How did Stanzi look?"

Dude, Tecmo Super Bowl made me into the man that I am today.

I haven't bought NCAA football in a few years, since I haven't had a game system in a while. I'd consider the Wii, but they have a "dumbed down" version of NCAA Football. It is disappointing that they will not be adding TCF. I'm sure that fans of other Big Ten teams want to play the games with all of the real stadiums.

Can you still create your own stadium and add it to the game? If so, perhaps some enterprising gamer could create a fairly accurate TCF Stadium, and pass it around.

Stadium Music

To whonever posted about the fight songs, the fight songs for each team are completely customizeable in NCAA 09. They have 20-30 scenarios and you can upload you're own music to play for each situation.

Sucks about the new stadium. They're just being lazy, as they could obtain blueprints as needed and since the new MLB games will have the incomplete Yankess and Mets stadiums. Who knows, maybe they've had lay-offs like everyone else.

Disappointing, but I wasn't really expecting it since it's not even finished yet.

I just wonder why they can't use a 50,000 seat replica type thing and then based off the renderings make something that looks a little bit like it. I mean, I wouldn't blame them if it isn't perfect, but I hope they don't just use ANY generic type of stadium, where it looks nothing at all like what TCF will look like.

Anything that requires work is beyond them. They did the 70 stadiums over two years ago, zero for last year, zero for this year. No plans to do the other 50, or the new ones for the "U" or Akron this year, or for Idaho for next. I mean, come on, we had to list to "rah, rah, rah, for skee-U-Mah" for well over 10 years now.

Wow. I guess you didn't like all the tackling animation improvements they made last time, b/c you know that was some high school kids doing some random coding after they played some Magic the Gathering.

:rolleyes:

I love how you kids assume game development is like playing with legos or something.

Disappointing, but I wasn't really expecting it since it's not even finished yet.

I just wonder why they can't use a 50,000 seat replica type thing and then based off the renderings make something that looks a little bit like it. I mean, I wouldn't blame them if it isn't perfect, but I hope they don't just use ANY generic type of stadium, where it looks nothing at all like what TCF will look like.

I'd take a generic outdoor stadium over playing in the Dome again. I've gotten to the point where I play all 4 of my OOC games on the road because I don't even want to play in that dump on a video game.

That's really frustrating. The same thing happened with Texas' expansion on the game last year. Hopefully they'll have it right this time around, but I'm not expecting anything.

I'm not a kid, and I know how the modeling works.

Wow. I guess you didn't like all the tackling animation improvements they made last time, b/c you know that was some high school kids doing some random coding after they played some Magic the Gathering.

:rolleyes:

I love how you kids assume game development is like playing with legos or something.

Unfinished Mets and Yankees stadiums for MLB 2009, magic? nope, modeling from plans. How did they pull off this miracle? They asked for copies of the plans and the computer generated modeling. wow.
Who cares about improvements in tackle animation if you are in the wrong stadium and the wrong uniforms with the crowd doing the only Minnesota only part of the game wrong? Plus the pursuit angles remain terrible. Don't come in here if this is all you have. We now join 51 other schools who play in the wrong or generic stadiums. A Big Ten team, who the manufacturer decided wasn't important enough to get it right. If not a team who affects the game play of the other 10 schools in the conference, then who is? If and when EA sports gets around to intelligent conference scheduling it will affect the 10 other schools, and not just the 7 who are on that years schedule. EA can do 70 updates in one year, but none since. We are not the only ones talking about this. Go take your EA loving self to the other sites, not just Akron, who also doesn't get their new stadium either, but other Big Ten boards where this is being talked about and bring your Lego comment to them. It's their job to update the game, they get paid to do this, slavish task as you suggest, to keep the game new and relevant. Why buy the new game if it's the same as last years? roll your eyes on that.

I am not the one coming in here claiming that anything that requires work is beyond them. You started that stream of "logic". You claim to have some understanding, yet you completely throw away any thoughts around priorities, deadlines and development features. Do you really need a new feature list? "same game", seriously, do people even listen to you in real life? You over-exaggerate so hard to prove a point it is not even hard to debate you. I happen to know a game developer at EA, so I have a bias. This of course gives me insight on how much work they put into it. Come back to this board when you actually know how much work they put into it, and when you have an understanding of the words "same game" means. If you don't like the new features, don't buy it. You can even complain about what features you wanted to see in it. But over the tops stupidity is going to get you called out like I did.

You may not be a kid, but you sure present yourself like one. It sounds like you are stomping your feat because EA didn't develop the features you wanted (new stadiums), and your reaction is to call them names. If that is adult like, you can argue that.

that was bad.

sorry, that was not how thought that was going to look. I will try that again with multiquotes.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169525. Last August Gamestop had record sales that included NCAA 09 has a top seller.

http://www.wral.com/entertainment/blogpost/1747166/
1. NCAA Football 08—360—EA—397,000

http://kotaku.com/5037299/ncaa-09-[insert-football-pun]s-us-software-sales-in-july
01. NCAA Football 09 (Xbox 360) - 397,600

It looks like sales went up by 600 copies, and not down from 08 to 09. I would imagine that they might have lost some people like you, but it seems they gained some others and then some by choosing to work on different features that didn't include what you wanted.

We will see if the '10 feature list continues to support growing and retaining their consumer base.

sorry, that was not how thought that was going to look. I will try that again with multiquotes.

I was able to digest it. It took me a few to figure it out. At some point I will use the wrong word, misspell a word, or use a homonym. I'll imagine I will get plastered for that. :).

I was able to digest it. It took me a few to figure it out. At some point I will use the wrong word, misspell a word, or use a homonym. I'll imagine I will get plastered for that.:).

Sigh, my disclaimer is terrible. :(.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169525. Last August Gamestop had record sales that included NCAA 09 has a top seller.

http://www.wral.com/entertainment/blogpost/1747166/
1. NCAA Football 08—360—EA—397,000

http://kotaku.com/5037299/ncaa-09-[insert-football-pun]s-us-software-sales-in-july
01. NCAA Football 09 (Xbox 360) - 397,600

It looks like sales went up by 600 copies, and not down from 08 to 09. I would imagine that they might have lost some people like you, but it seems they gained some others and then some by choosing to work on different features that didn't include what you wanted.

We will see if the '10 feature list continues to support growing and retaining their consumer base.
600 more. Stock must have shot up over an increase that massive and if a tiny bit of work could it have been 1000 or 10,000 more? Who knows.
EA's improvement list for 2010, as per Adam Thompson, game designer: borrowing camera flashes from Madden and Goal Post Nets (which older versions of the game already had). The new features are wind socks, (which would tell you what the wind gauge already did, which will not work inside the Dome anyways), and "new" end zone graphics for bowl stadiums. Wow, incredible.
Let me see if I get this straight...I should not buy a product because of what it actually does for me, but what it does for the 12 year old down the street who has never been to a football game, or played football because that would mean going outside... You really get consumers don't you?
"Buy the Edsel folks, Ford knows what best for you." "New Coke, it's Coke only better." I really hope and assume you meant that differently both times you typed it. They could have fixed problems with the game, Superman wide receiver separation speed, horrible pursuit angles by tacklers, etc. They did not chose to highlight that, in the press release which mentioned the above items. I will give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. I chose to highlight big time, well known weaknesses that are from a Gopher fan's perspective. You don't have to go far to see others, this thread has one from a Texas fan, EA's own page has many, random game player's boards have far more. I hope for you and your "friends" sake that it is only me. One voice in the wilderness demanding a few cosmetic changes, a tiny bit of work, considering this is one of the nation's top ten largest universities and not understanding why it's been Skee-U-Mah in two titles for over ten years, Ten Years!, TEN YEARS!!! to borrow a line from Grosse Pointe Blank. I'm sure the masses know best, and that you are Lord, God, King of what's best for all of us, all the time, game related...

What I am saying is that for 10 years they are choosing not to change something that has yet to affect their sales numbers. They are taking consumer input and determine that despite this known issue it is not stopping people from buying it. Now when the numbers drop, I bet you will see that priority jump to the top. I have about 11ty billion enhancements/bugs/known issues etc (exaggerating to try to talk at your level) that I look at each iteration of my project. Some have been there since the time we have released. Every time we try to weight it against is it worth in resource hours, almost every time it gets put to the bottom.

You are comparing new coke to a product that continues to sell, and not only sell but provide huge revenue numbers for a company that distributes it. I don't see the connection.

Maybe you have another product that has dominated in the market that no longer does. I can think of a few that has had to reinvent themselves, and most have to do with the nintendo consumer base. The mario, zelda, etc series that was so popular had its customer base grow older and turn toward more adult oriented games. Nintendo had to totally reinvent itself, see Wii. Currently EA has continued to keep its current customer base. I think you and I would agree that there are a bunch of people like you who are not buying it anymore, but there is an equal (and a bit more) customer base replacing the losses. I don't have any statistics so your guess is as good as mine. Is it b/c the tackle animation is better, is it b/c they have better online dynasty, is it b/c e-sports are taking off and the effort to make more competitive online features more available driving people toward these games? I am not a game marketing expert. I am also not accusing of the EA employee base of being incapable of doing anything that requires work, b/c I don't agree with their direction, which is once again why I called you out.

You could argue they are doing less work, but I am not sure of their lay offs which games, features were cut. I do hope your friends didn't get let go, as I imagine they work very hard despite your assumptions.

Top Bottom