National Anthem...

GopherRube

Reaction score
Please please please, next year can we actually get people that can sing? I know this isn't that big of a deal to most people, but I find it just embarrassing the people we are putting out there. You'd think with a new stadium and singers all across the city would want the opportunity. At least yesterday we had skydivers to distract us from the horrible singing

Your are right. It is not a big deal. It is not in the Top 1000 things to worry about with Gopher Football.

Please please please, next year can we actually get people that can sing? I know this isn't that big of a deal to most people, but I find it just embarrassing the people we are putting out there. You'd think with a new stadium and singers all across the city would want the opportunity. At least yesterday we had skydivers to distract us from the horrible singing

The two games I have been to (AFA and MSU) the singer was great...

I wish we could axe the tradition altogether. The national anthem has become a contest between people who sing it to see who can embellish it and stretch it out more. One day we'll go through the rabbit hole and someone will manage to stretch that mother out to 25 minutes.

First of all, Saturday's singer was horrible. Secondly, they should either have the band play without a singer or a singer sing without the band. For those in the stadium, it is painful to listen to the singer delay through the speakers. The anthem almost never makes it on tv, so it is for the people at the game---there is no reason to keep making it sound awful in the stadium.

Don't you think that rockets should be gallantly "dreaming." Maybe you should mobe to Russia, you SOB.

Just have the band play it, then you solve both problems of the delay and people not singing it properly.

I won't make any defense of the singing or the lyrics that were messed up, but in defense of the singer/the band on a week to week basis, there are multiple rehearsals of the anthem to attempt to get the timing right so there's no delay.

The sad thing was that the singer is a vocal performance professor at the university they said. I guess in her case there is some truth to the adage of those who can do and those who can't teach it.

Band plays - audience sings at football and bb games! Forget someone singing the anthem for us!

Top Bottom