Nate Triplett named NATIONAL Defensive POW!

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
www.waltercamp.org

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEKNATE TRIPLETT, MINNESOTASenior, Linebacker, Plain, MN/DelanoMinnesota senior linebacker Nate Triplett recorded a career-high 17 tackles and returned a fumble 52 yards for the go-ahead touchdown inthe fourth quarter as the Golden Gophers came-from-behind to defeat AirForce, 20-13. Triplett, who had 12 solo tackles, added a pass break upin the contest.

What a great recognition for a deserving performance by Nate. Now let's see if he gets the Big 10 award too.

Awesome performance last night. He was everywhere.

Amazingly ESPN had the Iowa safety as their Big 10 DPOW, although he also had a sick stat line with 3 picks, 10 tackles and a FF.

That is a good performance by the guy from IA guy, but they played a bad IA State team. I think Nate's performance is a little more deserving.

10 tackles
3 picks 63 yards returned
1 FF
2 TFL

To think Tripletts numbers are more deserving than Sash's is pretty funny. Sash did it on the road in a rivalry game. At Safety.

10 tackles
1 FF
2 TFL

To think Tripletts numbers are more deserving than Sash's is pretty funny. Sash did it on the road in a rivalry game. At Safety.

tackles: 17 to 10
TDs: 1 to 0

Yeah, "rivalry" game. There's been about as much parity in that "rivalry" as MN-MI. And so what? I guarantee Air Force is much, much better than Iowa St.

10 tackles
1 FF
2 TFL

I gave kudos to Sash, and said Nate's performance was a little better considering the competition. The Big 10 did the right thing and made them Co-DPW.

10 tackles
1 FF
2 TFL

I hate to say it, but I actually agree with the Iowa guy on this one. Triplett was outstanding and had an incredible game, but it is a lot harder to get three picks than 17 tackles as a LB against a team that never throws. Either way, they are great games.

yeah i should of mentioned it. 17 tackles is no small feat so i was glad it was a split DPOW. I was actually surprised when i saw it was split. :mad:

You guys have done pretty well so far. I said that Cuse can compete and they did. I said AFA had a solid team and they did. It speaks volume the resilience in both games. Very good sign for the Gophs. The true judgement of what the gophers have will be against CAL.

i hate agreeing with Iowa fans. You have to go away now and allow the earth to resume it's natural balance.

Top Bottom