Naming the preseason offensive MVP for each Big Ten offense in 2022

nitramnaed

Reaction score

Naming the preseason offensive MVP for each Big Ten offense in 2022​

Alex Hickey
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/sha...fensive-mvp-for-each-big-ten-offense-in-2022/

The 2022 college football season can’t arrive soon enough. Alas, it will still get here at the regularly appointed time.
But it’s not too early to look ahead. So we’re getting a jump by naming the preseason MVPs for each Big Ten program.
Yesterday, we covered the defensive MVPs. After all, this is the Big Ten. Defense gets first dibs.
Today, it’s all about the offensive stars.

Minnesota: C John Michael Schmitz​

The Gophers actually have a pretty good stable of running backs and wide receivers, so this isn’t meant as an insult to them. Indeed, there’s a chance Mo Ibrahim will be the best back in the entire B1G if he’s healthy again.

But no one is more important than John Michael Schmitz.

Minnesota is losing 4 starting offensive linemen, leaving Schmitz as the lone veteran presence. His leadership will be vital to what the Gophers are capable of accomplishing this season. If the offensive line can minimize the drop-off from last year, Minnesota can win the B1G West. Schmitz is the player capable of making sure that happens.

Good choice I think. Center is key to the Oline and if you have to break in new starters (although all with experience) you could do worse. Runner up would have to be Mo or Tanner and CAB worth an honorable mention.

Alot of CAB love on this board. I think Wright will be the teams best wr this year by all performance metrics.

Good choice I think. Center is key to the Oline and if you have to break in new starters (although all with experience) you could do worse. Runner up would have to be Mo or Tanner and CAB worth an honorable mention.

I think MBS and Jackson statistically will be simmilar to crab this year.i like him I just don't think he the bowl of chips others do.

For the offense to reach the level we want I think Wright has to emerge as the #1. I love CAB and he’s a very good player, but ideally he’s a #2 rather than a #1.

For the offense to reach the level we want I think Wright has to emerge as the #1. I love CAB and he’s a very good player, but ideally he’s a #2 rather than a #1.
I slightly disagree. Wright has to become at least a go to number 2. If we have two legit targets that Morgan looks for, we’ll be much better. It will be similar to 2019 with Johnson and Bateman. So it doesn’t matter who’s number 1, just so we have two of them.

I slightly disagree. Wright has to become at least a go to number 2. If we have two legit targets that Morgan looks for, we’ll be much better. It will be similar to 2019 with Johnson and Bateman. So it doesn’t matter who’s number 1, just so we have two of them.
If they can both just stay healthy and be on the field we should be in good shape.

I get the thinking but the problem is Wright and CAB are nowhere near the level of TJ and Bateman. Fine players in their own right, but Johnson and Bateman were two of the best receivers in the whole country.

I get the thinking but the problem is Wright and CAB are nowhere near the level of TJ and Bateman. Fine players in their own right, but Johnson and Bateman were two of the best receivers in the whole country.
I don't think we've seen the best of either Wright, nor Chris Autman Bell. That says much. CAB wasn't consistently targeted, yet he's had some of the top catches we have seen during the Fleck era.

I don't think we've seen the best of either Wright, nor Chris Autman Bell. That says much. CAB wasn't consistently targeted, yet he's had some of the top catches we have seen during the Fleck era.
I agree. I think CAB a ton of untapped potential. Between Morgan's inconsistency and his injuries I really feel like he will flourish this year.

Wright has a higher ceiling and the measurements where he should be R1. CAB has made some insane catches here.

Sadly bc of Sanford, that stunted their growth.

Wright has a higher ceiling and the measurements where he should be R1. CAB has made some insane catches here.

Sadly bc of Sanford, that stunted their growth.
CAB has made a lot of highlight reel catches, but the thing that made TJ and RB special was that they were open so often that they didn't have to make as many contested catches. I like CAB as a player, and I hope he has this untapped potential that is being talked about, but we've seen 4 years of him and he has topped out at 509 yards. I'd like to think we can blame Sanford for some of that, but at some point you are what you are, which I think in CAB's case is a very good #2.

Top Bottom