Myron updates Mbawke status

to all the "ivory tower" types (you know who you are).....

who immediately held trevor to a messed-up standard of "guilty until proven innocent" in this situation to come on here and admit they were wrong. but, with holier-than-thou types we know that likely won't happen. :mad:

glad to hear trevor has what sounds likes numerous witnesses who will vouch for his where-abouts at the time of the incident.

a good follow up story by myron. i think he has done some good work on this story making sure to only present the known facts and didn't go off into the speculation deep-end like some reporters and/or columnists can do.

who immediately held trevor to a messed-up standard of "guilty until proven innocent" in this situation to come on here and admit they were wrong. but, with holier-than-thou types we know that likely won't happen. :mad:

Wrong about what?

You need to take a deep breath and cool down Bronko. I appreciate most of what you bring to the table on your posts. But you've been so bitter towards everyone (even those who just seem to be concerned and looking at the possibility of Trevor being gone).

glad to hear trevor has what sounds likes numerous witnesses who will vouch for his where-abouts at the time of the incident.

a good follow up story by myron. i think he has done some good work on this story making sure to only present the known facts and didn't go off into the speculation deep-end like some reporters and/or columnists can do.

And if the shoe was on the other foot...

Bronko, nothing has changed on the DA's side; in fact, I believe the story goes that the DA met with Trevor and his attorney, and STILL decided to go through with prosecuting him AFTER hearing Trevor's alibi. If his alibi/story were 100% bulletproof, no DA in his right mind would proceed knowing he couldn't get a conviction.

Thus, there still must be some major discrepancies in the two accounts of what happened. This definitely isn't *over* by any stretch.

I sincerely hope that Trevor is cleared of all wrong-doing, suits up for the Gophers, and has a great career. However, he isn't out of the woods yet, and going off on anyone that was skeptical of the situation is premature until we see how everything plays out.

DA's aren't perfect and believe me, there have been plenty of DA's that have taken cases to court on flimsy evidence. This isn't Law and Order. Just cause the DA is taking it to court doesn't necessarily mean his evidence is all knowing and certain. 4 alibi's is pretty damn good and enough to create 'reasonable doubt' barring some physical evidence or a videotape.

Just cause the DA is taking it to court doesn't necessarily mean his evidence is all knowing and certain.
I never said it was.

All I said is that he must believe it's good enough to get a conviction in spite of Trevor's stated alibi. In law, nothing is ever "knowing and certain."

Bronko, nothing has changed on the DA's side; in fact, I believe the story goes that the DA met with Trevor and his attorney, and STILL decided to go through with prosecuting him AFTER hearing Trevor's alibi. If his alibi/story were 100% bulletproof, no DA in his right mind would proceed knowing he couldn't get a conviction.

Thus, there still must be some major discrepancies in the two accounts of what happened. This definitely isn't *over* by any stretch.

I sincerely hope that Trevor is cleared of all wrong-doing, suits up for the Gophers, and has a great career. However, he isn't out of the woods yet, and going off on anyone that was skeptical of the situation is premature until we see how everything plays out.

i don't care what sounds like a "conviction at all costs" DA from a sleaze-ball city like miami is doing. it does, but it doesn't mean jack, imo. DA's proceed with cases all the timing not knowing for sure if they can get a conviction. DA's often shoot first and ask questions later. many times they just want to get cases into court and will play the odds.

i am going to give trevor the benefit of the doubt here.....even more so now that he has an alibi and witnesses willing to testify in court of his where abouts at the time of the incident. would do some on this board some good to give him the benefit of the doubt as well instead of trying as hard as they can to dwell on the negative aspects of what sounds like a rather "contrived" case to begin with.

You need to take a deep breath and cool down Bronko. I appreciate most of what you bring to the table on your posts. But you've been so bitter towards everyone (even those who just seem to be concerned and looking at the possibility of Trevor being gone).

i am just fine, but thank you for the suggestion (seriously - i am not trying to be a smart-ass). that being said. the only people i have been critical of here (and deservedly so) are those who have carelessly & anonymously impugned a young man on a sports message board before he has even had his day in court. it is some of their holier-than-thou comments towards trevor that are not appreciated - as if they have never been in a tough situation in their entire lives, so they therefore have some kind of self-given right to officiate his innocence and/or guilt from the sidelines while not knowing what the real facts are.

trust me, my reaction to some on here would be different if the facts against trevor in this case were "cut and dry", but it has been SO FAR from that since the beginning (even more so with today's announcement by myron in the strib of what sounds like a rather solid alibi) that is just seems weak and way too easy to be taking pot shots at the TOTAL character (only some have done this) of a gopher recruit from behind the safety of your anonymous gopherhole account.

someone finally pulled the court docs!

Glad to see Myron finally pulled some of the public filings from Trevor's case. Maybe there is still hope for modern day reporters. Heck, it only took 2-3 months to pull the
alibi from the case file.

DA's proceed with cases all the timing not knowing for sure if they can get a conviction. DA's often shoot first and ask questions later. many times they just want to get cases into court and will play the odds.

I can't resist: Objection, foundation.

While I'm not typically a fan of the prosecution, we'd have a ton of disbarred prosecutors (or "DA's") if what Bronko said was actually true.

i am just fine, but thank you for the suggestion (seriously - i am not trying to be a smart-ass). that being said. the only people i have been critical of here (and deservedly so) are those who have carelessly & anonymously impugned a young man on a sports message board before he has even had his day in court.

Didn't you carelessly and anonymously (and falsely) assert that the judge in Mbakwe's case was a feminazi with an agenda?

While I'm not typically a fan of the prosecution, we'd have a ton of disbarred prosecutors (or "DA's") if what Bronko said was actually true.

Unless his name is Hamilton Burger.

You're making that exceedingly difficult.

please! i guess i have to go there.....i have come to the conclusion that you are no longer just trying to be a tool, rather you just plain are one. that and i am still waiting for you to bring anything to the mbakwe case discussion (like facts) other than you own personal opinion/viewpoint of him.

It wouldn't surprise me if in some states DA's are required to prosecute certain crimes no matter the evidence. Violence against women laws sometimes make this requirement.

It wouldn't surprise me if in some states DA's are required to prosecute certain crimes no matter the evidence. Violence against women laws sometimes make this requirement.

No they don't. Are you actually asserting that states are passing laws saying that people should be prosecuted even when there is no/extremely poor evidence? I'd LOVE to see something to back this nonsense up.

Judges

Didn't you carelessly and anonymously (and falsely) assert that the judge in Mbakwe's case was a feminazi with an agenda?

In fairness to Bronko, this is not true. It was the judge in the Dominic Jones trial that Bronko carelessly, anonymously, and falsely accused of being a feminazi with an agenda. In the Mbakwe case Bronko's culprit is a "conviction at all costs D.A. from a sleaze-ball city."

No they don't. Are you actually asserting that states are passing laws saying that people should be prosecuted even when there is no/extremely poor evidence? I'd LOVE to see something to back this nonsense up.

In Minnesota there are laws in which county prosecutors take domestic violence complaints to court even when charges are dropped (domestic violence being as little as a female asserting that she feels threatened by her domestic partner - that qualifies as little evidence to me). It wouldn't surprise me if other counties in other states have similar requirements for rape if a suspect is involved, especially cities like Miami. I'm speculating, not asserting, based upon the fact that individual states are able to make laws that address violence against women. Look it up yourself...I'm not going through the trouble after your rude response.

Top Bottom