Myron Twitter: "Joel Maturi: No timetable on Royce White's return."

I knew it! We never should have believed he was going to play tomorrow!

Who the hell is we? I never saw a long list of people that thought he would play, including myself.

This is not news! The quote means nothing to me. He could play next week, he could sit the rest of the season. You really think Maturi is going to tell Myron when Royce will return?

This is not news! The quote means nothing to me. He could play next week, he could sit the rest of the season. You really think Maturi is going to tell Myron when Royce will return?

Haha probably true... They're probably not going to announce when he's back... This is the same Maturi quote that we've all seen numerous times before. I hope he plays tomorrow, but we won't find out until we see him/don't see him on the bench tomorrow.

Who the hell is we? I never saw a long list of people that thought he would play, including myself.

There are a number of people on this site that seemed to think he was going to play tomorrow. There was actually two threads dedicated to the subject, including one that had a poll.
Relax buddy, it's not all about YOU and what YOU think.

There was actually two threads dedicated to the subject, including one that had a poll.
Relax buddy, it's not all about YOU and what YOU think.

That were both meaningless and one started by a troll.

No timetable means he's basically back whenever they goddamn please. so he very well may be back tomorrow. do you think theyd flat out announce that he's playing before we hit the floor at ohio state? i mean id say theres only a 25% chance of him playing, if that, since we cant seem to gt any good news this season, but if i wanted to be dumb and allow them time to prepare for royce i would announce that hes back.

If/when Royce does take the floor for an away game what will the student section chants be? They probably won't be too kind.

BGF...What's this "WE" $hit...Got a turd in your pocket? Do NOT include Dr.Don in your "WE" post.

There are a number of people on this site that seemed to think he was going to play tomorrow. There was actually two threads dedicated to the subject, including one that had a poll.

Since "we" includes at least two different posters (and apparently BigGopherFan) I guess (s)he is technically correct.

I'm just glad we didn't think he was going to play.

I guess some of them are a bit gullible.

Since "we" includes at least two different posters

Besides the comments from millions2spare, over 17% (10 people) that participated in the poll believe Royce would play tomorrow.

I didn't pick him to play tomorrow. I agree with other posters, Penn State is the key game for White's season... if he doesn't play vs Penn State he will redshirt.

I was more voting for what I hoped would happen rather than what I thought would happen. I'm still hopeful that he plays tomorrow, but that might not be very likely. I guess we'll find out.

I'm getting so sick of the lack of information coming from Maturi and Tubby. Why is there no timetable? You'd think they were working on the Manhattan Project for how secretive they are. (Granted this is assuming that Myron tweeted this exactly in the context that Maturi made the statement).

People can say what they want about this being Royce's fault, but this whole situation has made me lose a ton of respect for Tubby and Maturi.

I'm getting so sick of the lack of information coming from Maturi and Tubby. Why is there no timetable? You'd think they were working on the Manhattan Project for how secretive they are. (Granted this is assuming that Myron tweeted this exactly in the context that Maturi made the statement).

People can say what they want about this being Royce's fault, but this whole situation has made me lose a ton of respect for Tubby and Maturi.

I get the being frustrated about not knowing part and share that to some extent. However, I haven't lost an ounce of respect for Tubby and would state the following:

It seems fairly obvious that any return by RW is conditioned on several factors and includes more than simply the passage of time. That being the case, why would Tubby provide anyone outside the team with a timeline or a list of the required criteria for RW's return? That just puts more pressure on those involved. For example, one requirement was most probably that RW demonstrate a certain level of commitment to his course work. Tubby may have told RW that he needs to attend each of his classes and achieve a GPA of 2.5. (I just made this up.) What benefit is there to making that public? It would just fuel the rumor mill and one can imagine the “he missed Sociology class tonight!” or “he was late for Sociology tonight, does that mean he can never play again?” posts on this board or elsewhere. Plus, we could expect the dinks from Fox 9 to be following him around non-stop. (“Tonight, Fox 9 investigates where troubled University of Minnesota basketball player Royce White was while several of his classmates in a music theory class were attending a Yanni concert for extra credit.”) Who needs that?

As an aside, I have always felt that Maturi’s biggest problem is that he feels that being honest means answering every question he’s asked and sharing everything he thinks on the subject. He’s shown a bit of restraint in this matter and I appreciate that.

I knew it! We never should have believed he was going to play tomorrow!

http://twitter.com/GophersBBGuy

Maturi's quote still leaves it open that he could play today. I take it as he is not involved or does not know the timetable for Whites return. Meaning it is up to Tubby. Millions2Spares quote a week or so ago that said, "White will return against OSU", might have been premature but he also predicted the Indiana loss so his credibility has been solid.

Can anyone answer this: Has White even been cleared to play? He is practicing, but if Tubby chooses to, can he play him? I'm a bit confused on this subject.

Since "we" includes at least two different posters (and apparently BigGopherFan) I guess (s)he is technically correct.

I'm just glad we didn't think he was going to play.

I guess some of them are a bit gullible.

Go get Em' Monzy....

Top Bottom