Myron Medcalf: May be some developments in Trevor case on Thursday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per his tweet:

"Miami district attorney source: "May be some developments coming up" in Trevor Mbakwe case after Thursday hearing."

Go Gophers!!

if the case is thrown out (PLEASE) he will be suited up for the OSU game saturday!

no way Myron, there could be developments after a hearing? shocking!!

Again, a worthless tweet from Myron.

no way Myron, there could be developments after a hearing? shocking!!
WTF? OK, Myron gets out of line at times, but you guys go way out-of-the-way to get a dig in at him.

The tweet gave me some hope ... Thanks Myron!

I'm sure Myron is a bit of hack at times but he has had his moments this year and has given a lot of information on the Trevor and Royce stories. People can complain that it's not enough but at least it's something. Compared to Marcus who " heard " something, at least Myron is talking to the DA spokesperson.

So is Myron down at the scene or must we wait for a tweet from the DA's teen age son?

Myron has some new thing on KFAN he's doing at 1030 today. I guess he won't be in two places at once.

Compared to a lot of the bad news that's surrounded the entire Gopher athletic program it sure would be nice to get something good for a change so let's hope they drop the charges.

So do we know what the development was yet? I was hoping the development would be: case dismissed.

Or was it simply the thing stated in another thread here, that the next status hearing/current trial date is in February (which presumably could get moved yet again)? That doesn't seem like news at all, unless this time it REALLY means the trial will be in February. Which would be surprising, considering his bb player witnesses presumably couldn't be there.

trial date was set for 9am February 8th, as indicated in the last entry for the case docket dated Jan 7th 2010.

http://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/CJIS/CaseSearch.aspx Case #F-09-014091

Well, that doesn't seem like much of a development. Every time there's a hearing the court sets a new trial date, and unless someone says otherwise there's no reason to think the trial will actually happen in Feb.

unless someone says otherwise there's no reason to think the trial will actually happen in Feb.

I agree. It's been that way since the update in December. Hopefully, it will take place before the season starts next year.

I have to ask...

Is the DA involved in this in any way related to the guy that handled the Duke lacrosse case?

Top Bottom