My $0.02 - Penn St game

stevedave23

Reaction score
-It's games like this that keep gopher football from growing a bigger fan base. The gophers didn't need to win today, they just needed to be competitive. And they failed to do that.

-The main reason the gophers offense isn't performing this year is the play of the offensive line.

-3rd downs and tackling are the cryptonite for the gophers defense. If they kept this stat, the gophers would be last in the nation for ''opponents yards after contact.''

-It wouldn't have changed the outcome today, but the officiating in the big ten is an embarrassment.

-The gopher special teams played pretty good today. The punter got some good rolls.

Maturi hired Brewster to build a more competitive program that what Mason produced. From that point on, I never doubted for a moment that Brewster had a very difficult, if not impossible, task. Today confirmed that. And I have seen the same scenerio unfold for decades.

Maybe next year. Or.......

Maturi hired Brewster to build a more competitive program that what Mason produced. From that point on, I never doubted for a moment that Brewster had a very difficult, if not impossible, task. Today confirmed that. And I have seen the same scenerio unfold for decades.

Maybe next year. Or.......

He has an "impossible" task to build a program that is more competitive than a 37.5% winning percentage in the Big Ten? Is this one of those "The U faculty conspires to hold down Gopher Football" or "The Star Tribune will never let Gopher Football succeed" theories?

He has an "impossible" task to build a program that is more competitive than a 37.5% winning percentage in the Big Ten? Is this one of those "The U faculty conspires to hold down Gopher Football" or "The Star Tribune will never let Gopher Football succeed" theories?

Nope. Just the facts. Maybe a more fitting term would be a "nearly impossible" task to win a BT crown or get to Pasadena. Anything is possible but no one has done it for over four decades. I wonder why?

Top Bottom