Must be nice to be a fan of LSU,OK,AL, ...etc.

gopherinpain

Banned
Reaction score
Year after year you are in contention for a national championship. You don't have to suffer the humiliation of losing to border rivals Mississippi Valley St or Arizona Western. I would kill to be in the rose bowl or some other BCS bowl just once in my life. Decade after decade of torture from this program has skewed by sanity. Year after year I suffer the ridicule and harassment of friends and family for wearing by gopher apparel and supporting the football program. Just once I would like to wear it to Pasadena, Miami, New Orleans or Glendale and say to them I deserve this.

sounds like you need some new friends. to your family.......just tell them to piss off.

Sounds like a Badger fan from 65' to 92'. They brought in a new coach and a program was built. The Gophers can do the same, but it won't happen overnight.Coach Kill needs 3 years to show his worth.

No.

Minnesota is MY state. The U is MY U. The gophers are MY team. Win, lose or draw. Wouldn't trade them for anyone and if that means never sniffing a rose bowl then I'm fine with that. It's only football. That's why I'm a gopher. The colors matter because you and I wear them.

Sounds like a Badger fan from 65' to 92'. They brought in a new coach and a program was built. The Gophers can do the same, but it won't happen overnight.Coach Kill needs 3 years to show his worth.

stop with your realistic perspective. people don't want to hear that today! they just want to call for anyone and everyone's head. although i do agree that joel maturi's head would look mighty nice on a platter right about now. ;-)

No.

Minnesota is MY state. The U is MY U. The gophers are MY team. Win, lose or draw. Wouldn't trade them for anyone and if that means never sniffing a rose bowl then I'm fine with that. It's only football. That's why I'm a gopher. The colors matter because you and I wear them.

this guy gets it. i essentially said the same thing to my bandwagon sports fan dad this morning. i told him i don't only talk good about the gophers (or any of the teams i cheer for) when they are winning and then only talk bad about them when they are losing. told him that is the definition of a band wagon fan and that he is obviously one of them. also told him i am obviously not happy about how this season is going thus far, but that i will always be with the golden gophers and be rooting for them no matter what.

good times or bad. up and down on the roller coaster. i am not getting off the ride.....EVER. GO GOPHERS! SKI-U-MAH!

Agree with above. As a MN native and alumni. This is my team win, lose, or draw. No matter how many times my heart is broken.

I will say, life isn't perfect for OK, Texas, etc. It's all about expectations and not meeting them. Only one team can win the title every year and if it isn't your team, there are melt downs just like you see on this board.

No.

Quoted for truth. Well said.

It's easy to cheer for a winner.

We're tough.

Yeah we're tough, but bitter, sarcastic, and completely pessimistic.

And if you're also a Vikings and TWolves fan like I am (and for that matter Twins and others), there really can be no more set of fans in the nation who are more beaten and downtrodden. We ARE true fans, those who stick by their teams no matter how ridiculous it gets. If there is a god or gods, they definitely have a sadistic spot in their heart for Minnesota sports.

And if you're also a Vikings and TWolves fan like I am (and for that matter Twins and others), there really can be no more set of fans in the nation who are more beaten and downtrodden. We ARE true fans, those who stick by their teams no matter how ridiculous it gets. If there is a god or gods, they definitely have a sadistic spot in their heart for Minnesota sports.

In the past year, the average winning percentage of the Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-wolves, Gophers football, and Gophers men's basketball, is around .350. The only team to finish above .500 was the Gophers b-ball team but that's not very hard to do in basketball anymore.

In the past five years, those 6 teams have a combined 1-11 playoff game/series, bowl game, and tourney record.

In the past year, the average winning percentage of the Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-wolves, Gophers football, and Gophers men's basketball, is around .350. The only team to finish above .500 was the Gophers b-ball team but that's not very hard to do in basketball anymore.

In the past five years, those 6 teams have a combined 1-11 playoff game/series, bowl game, and tourney record.

Didn't the Vikings win at least 2 or 3 playoff games in their run to the NFC championship game? Sorry if I sound stupid for not knowing how many playoff games they won, I don't pay attention to the Vikings or the NFL at all really.

Didn't the Vikings win at least 2 or 3 playoff games in their run to the NFC championship game? Sorry if I sound stupid for not knowing how many playoff games they won, I don't pay attention to the Vikings or the NFL at all really.

No, they had a first round bye. They beat Dallas in the second round and then lost to New Orleans in the NFC Championship.

But what about the Lynx?

You can't really count the Twins. They have 2 world series titles in your lifetime and just got done winning the division 6 times in 9 years. Other than the Yankees, Red Sox, and Phillies, basically every other fan base would trade you their baseball success in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom