MSU all big ten linebacker Bachie out for PEDs

not sure how Wisconsins whole OL isnt checked regularly. I know any planned check and the science department has a line of clean test material waiting

not sure how Wisconsins whole OL isnt checked regularly. I know any planned check and the science department has a line of clean test material waiting
Look, I relish beating Sconnie in anything, anytime. But this is a baseless accusation. Love your sources you reference, btw.

Michigan State's glory years under Dantonio appear to be over, and Dantonio's tenure there will also likely soon be at an end. They did a very nice job building an identity and reaching impressive heights while Michigan was down but that state probably aint big enough for the two of them (to be good at the same time).

Michigan State's glory years under Dantonio appear to be over, and Dantonio's tenure there will also likely soon be at an end. They did a very nice job building an identity and reaching impressive heights while Michigan was down but that state probably aint big enough for the two of them (to be good at the same time).

Unless MSU stumbles upon an absolute home run of a coach, I expect they go back to being the Iowa of the east like they've been historically. They'll win 5-7 games most years, with the occasional 9-10 win season sprinkled in. The East in general will likely be too difficult for them to compete with now that Penn State has fully recovered and Michigan is close to what they'd consider normal. Plus, if anyone competent was at the helm of Maryland I'd expect they'd be able to put together a more talented program long term over MSU.

They’ve won 10+ games 4 times in the last 7 years and as recently as 2017. They probably need a shakeup and new outlook on the offensive side but I suspect Dantonio will get as much time as he wants to turn the ship around.

According to the university, Bachie tested positive “for a substance that is classified as a performance-enhancing substance banned by the league." MSU plans to file an immediate appeal with the Big Ten regarding the testing.

Student-athletes lose a full year of NCAA eligibility the first time they test positive for a performance-enhancing drug, and also are withheld from competition for 365 days from the date of the test.

Go Gophers!!

According to the university, Bachie tested positive “for a substance that is classified as a performance-enhancing substance banned by the league." MSU plans to file an immediate appeal with the Big Ten regarding the testing.

Student-athletes lose a full year of NCAA eligibility the first time they test positive for a performance-enhancing drug, and also are withheld from competition for 365 days from the date of the test.

Go Gophers!!

Since he's a senior, that means he has played his last down unless the appeal is successful.

I suspect...PED use is at least as and probably more common than the recruiting bag men everyone talks about. The chance of getting caught is so low and the upsides are so high there’s little downside and a decent chance at an NFL contract for many players. What’s his projection in the draft?

I suspect...PED use is at least as and probably more common than the recruiting bag men everyone talks about. The chance of getting caught is so low and the upsides are so high there’s little downside and a decent chance at an NFL contract for many players. What’s his projection in the draft?

He was projected as a 2 down LB in the NFL, so would have been late before getting popped for PEDs. Probably a UDFA now.

I got criticized in the transfer thread for saying something is seriously wrong at MSU. More transfers, more issues, more losses...they are going the wrong way fast

I got criticized in the transfer thread for saying something is seriously wrong at MSU. More transfers, more issues, more losses...they are going the wrong way fast

The general buzz I've heard is that 2020 is going to be an awful year for the Spartans as they are losing the majority of their defense talent and their QB after this year.

They’ve won 10+ games 4 times in the last 7 years and as recently as 2017. They probably need a shakeup and new outlook on the offensive side but I suspect Dantonio will get as much time as he wants to turn the ship around.

Yeah, something will need to give as MSU FB seems to be in a slow death spiral...

Not sure there is enough talent in Michigan for both Michigan and Michigan State to be top 15 teams at the same time anymore.
Harbaugh being at Michigan has hurt state more than any other program.

I agree that Dantonio has a long leash on the field. What might get him a quicker hook is his off the field stuff within the athletics dept and player conduct and how it’s been handled

Given enough time all coaches are going to have some off the field incidents. There isn’t some miracle cure for human behavior. Stuff is going to happen, eventually. I doubt all the Gophers are choir boys. I doubt everyone chirping from the peanut gallery is a saint. People can be strange, even the ones that act normally to all outward appearances.

Not sure there is enough talent in Michigan for both Michigan and Michigan State to be top 15 teams at the same time anymore.
Harbaugh being at Michigan has hurt state more than any other program.

I agree that Dantonio has a long leash on the field. What might get him a quicker hook is his off the field stuff within the athletics dept and player conduct and how it’s been handled

Dantonio has also been catching some heat for refusing to bring in new offensive staff. This is their second straight year of basically no offensive production, and a lot of media and fans are pissed no one got fired after last years disaster. That plus other athletic department issues are a bigger threat then the general down year they are having.

Given enough time all coaches are going to have some off the field incidents. There isn’t some miracle cure for human behavior. Stuff is going to happen, eventually. I doubt all the Gophers are choir boys. I doubt everyone chirping from the peanut gallery is a saint. People can be strange, even the ones that act normally to all outward appearances.

I think the sworn deposition he is going to have to do after the season over is a potential issue for him

I think the sworn deposition he is going to have to do after the season over is a potential issue for him

From what I recall the assistant is going on a scorched earth campaign releasing his deposition to the public, tangents into totally unrelated issues to his arrest and firing. I don’t think Dantonio will necessarily even comment on a lot of that unrelated stuff. Fair to wonder how hard the local media will go after him and how tenuous his position is from a PR standpoint bringing in kids with juvenile criminal records. Some will say kids deserve second chances, others want any juvenile record to be disqualifying.

That’s probably all debatable but it doesn’t help this is happening during the Nasser fiasco. Dantonio looks tired. He may just hang it up after a few more years if nothing else. I doubt he’ll be fired for cause anytime soon but I won’t argue the point too hard.

Dantonio has also been catching some heat for refusing to bring in new offensive staff. This is their second straight year of basically no offensive production, and a lot of media and fans are pissed no one got fired after last years disaster. That plus other athletic department issues are a bigger threat then the general down year they are having.

This.

And Dantonio has a serious rebuild ahead of him. Pretty much losing entire defense, no QB of the future in sight, not much for playmakers on offense, poor OL play. He’s got his work cut out for him. Interesting offseason ahead in East Lansing. His place in MSU football history is cemented, but he’s in a tough spot right now. 3 of the last 4 seasons have been rough.

Last edited:

Top Bottom