Mr Football--Vraa from Rosemount

Why?

He is a WR with less than 4 catches per game and less than 70 yards per game. On the plus side, he did score a little more than a TD per game.

Last year was Sonie over McNeal, Hageman, Garin etc.

Vraa is definitely legit and a good choice. Rosemount runs a very run-heavy offense so his numbers aren't huge. In most other systems he could have put up some monster numbers. Having played his team in person, I can say he is a heck of a player and very deserving of this award, especially playing in the toughest conference in the state by far.
________
WAR RISK INSURANCE (AVIATION) FORUMS

How can you not give that award to the number 1 ranked high school football player in the country?

because recruiting rankings don't mean $h!t if you don't back it up with your performance on the field? obviously whoever votes for this award doesn't feel the #1 recruit in the country performed to that lofty ranking...

Yet he is still clearly the number 1 ranked recruit in the country isn't he?

because recruiting rankings don't mean $h!t if you don't back it up with your performance on the field? obviously whoever votes for this award doesn't feel the #1 recruit in the country performed to that lofty ranking...

OR.....maybe they only like to give the award to more glamorous positions than offensive line.

North Dakota State are the only ones on Rivals showing an offer to him. At 6 3 with good hands he seems like probably a preferred walk on for us, or an offer depending on how the rest of our scollies go. I'd like to see him as a gopher, but wouldn't hold it against him if he goes somewhere that offers him a full ride.

Yet he is still clearly the number 1 ranked recruit in the country isn't he?

I don't know how someone is "clearly" the #1 recruit in the country. He is not #1 on every recruiting service if that's what you're asking.

I don't know how someone is "clearly" the #1 recruit in the country. He is not #1 on every recruiting service if that's what you're asking.
Yeah, you're right, not every service lists him as the #1 recruit in the country, only Scout, Rivals and Max Preps. I guess you're right, he's certainly not deserving of this award over someone with offers from North Dakota and North Dakota St.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=880&Year=2010&ra_key=2369

http://recruiting.scout.com/

http://www.maxpreps.com/football-re...2010-top-100-players/lemming-top-recruits.htm

Get real people, he had a recruiting visit scheduled the weekend of the award. Voters knew he wouild not be in attendance. It kind of dimishes the importance of the award if the recipient does not attend. I would say No Big Deal either way.

Get real people, he had a recruiting visit scheduled the weekend of the award. Voters knew he wouild not be in attendance. It kind of dimishes the importance of the award if the recipient does not attend. I would say No Big Deal either way.

Correct, everyone knew he was skipping it and it wasn't important to him.

Vraa Broke his Collarbone in practice.

He was getting looks at WR, Grant Olson from Wayzata is backup LB already and Billy Turner of Mounds View is backup guard.

He was getting looks at WR, Grant Olson from Wayzata is backup LB already and Billy Turner of Mounds View is backup guard.

Please remind me, why should we give a ^%$# about some kids running around in the butthole of America again?

Can we get an injury update from the Cobbers?

I'm more interested in the Dragons. Will they stay with 11 man football?

I'm a Dragon alum, but don't tell anyone.

a question station19...

I'm more interested in the Dragons. Will they stay with 11 man football?

I'm a Dragon alum, but don't tell anyone.
Why the hell did they change the School's name?

The last time.

Which time?

When I played against them, they seemed to be something called Moorhead State University.
Now they are...Minnesota State University Moorhead...wanted to cash in on "Coach"'s marketing money?

When I played against them, they seemed to be something called Moorhead State University.
Now they are...Minnesota State University Moorhead...wanted to cash in on "Coach"'s marketing money?

When I was there it was called Moorhead State College. Either they change the name quite often or I'm getting older.

At least it's on the right side of the river. As was often said; Moorhead is not at the end of the world, but you can see it from there.

I played against them from 86-88

When I was there it was called Moorhead State College. Either they change the name quite often or I'm getting older.

At least it's on the right side of the river. As was often said; Moorhead is not at the end of the world, but you can see it from there.

And they were MSU (one of many)

Top Bottom