Moving forward with USC

Reaction score
They are waiting to get beat. I stayed up late to watch them last week and last night. They are no lock to win any game this year, not even against us. Some pass protection and good yards on first down will be critical. They have a glass jaw and if our defense wants to play with some brains and tenacity, we definitely have a shot to knock them out.

I agree that they are definitely vulnerable, and perhaps an average team with solid coaching and schemes could knock them off; but after yesterday, it is very clear that our beloved team, save some snowball reaching hell, has little to no chance of winning another ballgame this year. Sad-yet another oppty missed in the era of brewball.

They are waiting to get beat. I stayed up late to watch them last week and last night. They are no lock to win any game this year, not even against us. Some pass protection and good yards on first down will be critical. They have a glass jaw and if our defense wants to play with some brains and tenacity, we definitely have a shot to knock them out.

By knock them out, you mean keep it close in the first quarter right? The line will be 21-28 USC and the score could be much worse.

It's not a good matchup. They excel where we are weakest. I had hope for this game, but now not so much. The best I can hope for is to establish ourselves offesnsively. I am confident with the return of Theret and Royston we will have a serviceable secondary by the Big Ten season. If we can find some potency in the offense we may be able to find something positive in this season. So yes, I am hoping for a moral victory against USC. A real one, nooooo.

Look, Gophers are not going to win this next game. So the ? is, how long can they stay with them and how much are they going to lose by. If they lose by 21 or less I would consider that a success after what happened against SD.

For the Gophers to have a chance Saturday, the Gopher Defense will need to blitz the USC offense into submission. The Gopher Offense will need text book execution and reads from the O line so we can establish a running game.

If we can win time of possession, we could keep our D fresher and the score lower. We might salvage a little dignity then.

Then again, if I had a million dollars in 1987, I might have a net worth that would make the school pay attention to what I have to say.

USC was horrendous on D in week 1. On week two they were terrible on O. Maybe this week they come in unmotivated and are bad on both sides of the ball? Could happen.

Maybe they will be looking past us?

USC played better competition then us so far...we're probably their weakest team before they play their own Conference...

Hawaii? Better...

Virginia? Better...

They are much bigger then us & I don't think Brews running game will fare too well & he'll end up going pass heavy after halftime & Weber will throw some very sloppy passes...

All in all? 20+ point victory in the range of 42-17...

USC played better competition then us so far...we're probably their weakest team before they play their own Conference...

Hawaii? Better...

Virginia? Better....

Not sure if Virginia is better. They were brutally bad last year.

If we play like we did yesterday, we're going to get mowed. If we can make some adjustments on defense, we should be able to keep it within three scores.

The sad part is USC is totally beatable right now. Chances are an average Big Ten team could give them a whooping. Unfortunately, yesterday does not suggest we are a middle-of-the-road BT team.

Top Bottom